1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How soon after We get Access does Steam EA?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GameOverMan, Mar 14, 2017.

1. GameOverMan

GameOverMan Well-Known Member Backer

Apr 30, 2015
    I have to ask this, because the ads were showing STN coming to Steam this past December, and it was my understanding that we, kickstarters and backers would have exclusive access to the game(steam key) before it was opened to the masses, but by all indications, it seems as soon as we get our keys, steam is also getting the game.

So, can we get some clarification? How long after we get the game will steam users? Because no offense, but if your planning on giving a steam release to the masses just a weekend after us, then I really dont see any point in any of us having backed the game, as we got nothing out of it, except for 1 to 2 1 day trials of an extremely early build to stress test it.

I dont mind having backed the game, but in all honesty, I would have never gave you my money 2 years ago, if I could have just bought the game on release weekend and have same access as everybody here.

Now if we get access for a week or 3 before sales, then I feel the wait was well worth it.

Just my rant for the day as I am not fully understanding how the distribution is going to take place.

JuustNeil likes this.
  2. strategos2411

strategos2411 Lead Moderator Lead Mod Backer

Aug 13, 2014
    It won't go public on steam until the devs and majority(?) of Backers are happy with the build, so the chances of it being a week after we get it is very slim. We'll be the initial Alpha testers, finding and reporting bugs for each update until it's in a nice condition for Steam.

NathanD, Sneakydude, Montauk and 2 others like this.
  3. GameOverMan

Apr 30, 2015

Awesome news. Not to be a total douche bag, but I intend to tell my friends just how great a game it is and too bad they didnt kick start it when I told them to. I plan to do my own PR amongst my friends to get as many as I can to buy when it releases :D

NathanD, Standbyal and Num47 like this.
  4. MANE_GAME

MANE_GAME Irrelevant YouTuber Backer

Jan 20, 2016
    Why wouldn't you suggest they purchase now and be part of the community along with yourself and the rest of us, so they can give feedback and help with the development?

Num47 likes this.
  5. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Well-Known Member Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    i think that you gave them your money to help fund the game actually

6. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Well-Known Member Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    That alone makes so much sense, and nice to know backers can help push it to stable.

GameOverMan likes this.
  7. Standbyal

Standbyal Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I just boughtthe 4x pack so me and my friends can play it when it's available

GameOverMan, NathanD, Num47 and 2 others like this.
  8. Sneakydude

Jul 24, 2016
    Welcome, hey send PM to jb for backer tags.

9. Standbyal

Standbyal Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I did just waiting on jd to get to it

GameOverMan and Sneakydude like this.
  10. Sneakydude

Jul 24, 2016
    You mean @JB_ I call him MR. Jelly Beans now :)

Dillon Boz, GameOverMan and Standbyal like this.
  11. GameOverMan

Apr 30, 2015
    Because they no longer trust early access games, and with good reason.

We all bought the following games together.

The Stomping Land-scammed
    The Dead Linger-Scammed
    Nether-Scammed
    The Repopulation-Shut down and still no idea if coming back.

They gave up on EA and no amount of telling them otherwise will ever change that. Some people dont take kind to getting wallet raped over and over. I dont blame them, but I wanted this kind of game for a long time.

Sneakydude and Dillon Boz like this.
  12. Sneakydude

Jul 24, 2016
    I agree, it needs to be a steam addressed issue with rules. Do not start without assurances of funding and if it will work. Ea should not mean "in labs testing mode" and we pay for it.

I know it is impossible to determine any game finalized but more and more i see use steam as a extra funding method.
    Go to kick starter or something first, don't kick start it on steam. Anyone can place a character in a pre purchased environment.

Not saying everyone is like this.

GameOverMan likes this.
  13. MMAPRODIGY

MMAPRODIGY Member Backer

Jan 12, 2017
    Lol I bought all those games with the exception of The Repopulation, so I feel your pain on those early access, Im hoping this follows the same type of fortification that Dead Linger was trying to institute, it looks like that.

GameOverMan likes this.