• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

How to greatly extend the use of a manual shaver cartridge

Thread starter #1

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
For a few days ive been toying with the idea of how to sharpen my manual shaver head blades. Ive known about stropping for ages all this really does is remove the burs in your shavers blades if it sharpens the edges its not very good. Works great with a classic shaver not modern manual shavers.

Well i already knew cutting tin foil with a pair of scissors resharpens the blades. I applied this logic to a manual shaver, i got a small sheet of tin foil folded it a few times to form a large square then placed flat on my bed. I think its important to have a soft but springy surface so as to not damage the blades a hard flat surface might not be ideal since the blades are spring mounted and tend to flex it creates a more natural movement environment a bit like your face or for the ladys legs and arms.

I knew from stropping the blades needed to run forward rather than biting into the leather, i ran my shaver forward about 15 times over the tin foil went and took a shower and proceeded to shave. My raver heads maybe half a year old but recently hadn't been performing very well even after lengthy stropping sessions with a belt. I can say it drastically improved how sharp the blades were. I really encourage people to experiment with this, the shaver industry is one of the most rip off over priced almost necessity health products around.

I really love practical solutions to big problems, if this saves people money im happy.

Last edited:

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I use hair clippers to shave my face then finish with the razor for a closer shave... a have stubble like desperate dan and always blunt the razor before I am anywhere near done unless I use the clippers first.

Thread starter #3

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
I use hair clippers to shave my face then finish with the razor for a closer shave... a have stubble like desperate dan and always blunt the razor before I am anywhere near done unless I use the clippers first.
If you ever take up growing a beard my advice might come in handy. Got a wee whisker field myself, enjoy cultivating.