• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Human Traps?

Graham

The One You Should Avoid In Multiplayer Games
Backer
YES, WE NEED THIS!

MUAHAHAHAHA

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I have been trying to think about what trap's could be used to capture a player and a few come to mind, the first would be really interesting to see but I am not sure if it could be done I can't recall if I have seen it in a game similar to STN.

Twitch Up Snare: These Snare's are typically used to pull up a animal that has been caught in a snare out of the reach of most scavengers and predators. They are used with varying sized branchs depending on the intended prey and held down with rope or cord. A wooden peg attached to the rope connects with a peg in the gound, the rest of the rope or cord is tied in a noose snare so that when it is disturbed and the peg is released the noose tightens around a neck or foot and yanks the prey into the air with the pent up energy in the branch. You see these a lot in movies when they are used to trap one of the charecters, if you have ever seen The Rundown the two main char's Beck and Travis are caught in two of the trap's.

If you can't use a large tree branch attached to a tree you could screw a large piece of wood to a tree like in this pic.
Human sized twitch up trap's could only be used on large trees with fairly large branch's or piece's of wood.

Some other things you could do would be trap's including tranq dart's if they add them in.

I have a ballistic re-bar trap in my random trap thread and the rebar could probably be replaced with tranq dart's. There is also old arrow traps that could be modified to shoot tranq dart's. I can't remember if the first pic has been suggested before I recall seeing it.

These types of traps could have modified arrow's with tranq dart head's, the arrows could also be fired like regular ammo. Another smaller trap could be made from a wood board, some strap's and a crossbow pistol activated by a tripwire.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
please no....

just..... no.....
Why not?

lol I love some of the moments in Stomping land being dragged silently to a camp to be thrown into a cage, you never knew whether or not you would be used for dino food, hunted for sport or executed for the hell of it lol.

Also if they included my zoo/wildlife park/refuge idea then we could use a vehicle like this one to transport prisoner's.

Jeffernaut

Backer
Because the way I see it is that I get stuck in a cage for 4 hours all the while I'm staring at the screen to know whats going on, all the time thinking...

"WHY?! Why did they add this to the game."

Only to inevitably get killed for sport or what ever reason the person think up.

and then i rage quit the game for that day.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Yeah true it's not for everyone, a lot of people complain about being trapped but some people enjoy the experiance, I can understand where you are coming from through. What I liked doing was trying to get out of the caged area hogan's hero's style or I would try to convince my captors that I was worth more as a friend then a captive.

For example in Stomping Land when I had wandered too close to the lake side camp of a clan and they hog tied me and dragged me to their camp and threw me in a cage. Eventually after spending some time in the cage and yelling Attica I was able to convince them to let me go because I knew how to fish and no one in the clan did(fishing in SL is done with spear's so it's a bit harder then with a rod & reel).

I would also like some way for captives to be able to get out of their prison's, even if they add an ability to search a captive for any item's or tools I would like it if they had a holdout option like some of the weapons in fallout. It would give some use to the really small melee weapons and tool's as well as some really small gun's. Maybe their could be a certain equip slot for hold out item's so you would have to choose between something like a butterfly knife or a small .22lr pistol and a small screwdriver or file. With the weapon you might have a chance to get the drop on your captor and obtain the key's to your cage and the tool's might let you unlock the cage by yourself and disable any trap's that might be keeeping you inside.

Stormbreaker19

Backer
Yeah true it's not for everyone, a lot of people complain about being trapped but some people enjoy the experiance, I can understand where you are coming from through. What I liked doing was trying to get out of the caged area hogan's hero's style or I would try to convince my captors that I was worth more as a friend then a captive.

For example in Stomping Land when I had wandered too close to the lake side camp of a clan and they hog tied me and dragged me to their camp and threw me in a cage. Eventually after spending some time in the cage and yelling Attica I was able to convince them to let me go because I knew how to fish and no one in the clan did(fishing in SL is done with spear's so it's a bit harder then with a rod & reel).

I would also like some way for captives to be able to get out of their prison's, even if they add an ability to search a captive for any item's or tools I would like it if they had a holdout option like some of the weapons in fallout. It would give some use to the really small melee weapons and tool's as well as some really small gun's. Maybe their could be a certain equip slot for hold out item's so you would have to choose between something like a butterfly knife or a small .22lr pistol and a small screwdriver or file. With the weapon you might have a chance to get the drop on your captor and obtain the key's to your cage and the tool's might let you unlock the cage by yourself and disable any trap's that might be keeeping you inside.

Holy crap you have it thought out

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
i hope it doesn't happen to me. Although for capturing people I think Jessie and James from Pokemon had a good idea with the pit trap or even a cage and trip wire would work

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Good old harpoon gun w/net....like Escape from L.A (bit with Bruce Campbell)

FuzioN

Backer
haha imaigne the amount of griefing this would make, but if not possible to be abused it would be awsome to have!

Example to make it not griefable is give the player to step into the trap a possibility to hold E down and after 20sec to 1 min depending on what tier of trap he fell into, he can break free.

i dunno hehe just a thought.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Twitch Up Snare: These Snare's are typically used to pull up a animal that has been caught in a snare out of the reach of most scavengers and predators. They are used with varying sized branchs depending on the intended prey and held down with rope or cord. A wooden peg attached to the rope connects with a peg in the gound, the rest of the rope or cord is tied in a noose snare so that when it is disturbed and the peg is released the noose tightens around a neck
I was thinking of posting about a Noose Snare trap on it's own, but since as you gave a great example I'll use yours :)...

But my idea is that the noose would be head/neck height for use against zombies and using a thin-tough wire for a better chance of decapitation... so having a few of these hanging around should keep you reasonably safe.

I know it's under Human Traps but I am not sure whether it would need it own thread as it's really just a snare trap at an elevated height.
:confused: