• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Hunting Blinds (Random Easter Egg)

Would you want to find these in game statically

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread starter #1

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
Good Day,

So I was in the Airdrop forum thread and noticed that @DemoCar82 had suggested a randomized hunting blind spawn instead of ghost ships or air drops. I got to thinking and this is actually a pretty good idea. Searched the search bar for blind and hunting blind but found nothing on the topic. So here is my take on this:

I believe that the island will be heavily wooded from what we saw in the video a short while ago. That means there will always be hunters. Lets say that someone had there hunting blind set up prior to or during hunting season with supplies in case they stayed for longer, but before they got the chance to use it or take it down the world went to hell in a hand basket fast. There could be left over food, water, clothing and a packed tent. Along with a very small chance of finding a shotgun or scoped rifle or just a box of a randomized ammo such as 12ga or .308. These would not be common but be found in all sorts of areas in the woods. Maybe just add 12 or 24 of these through out the whole map. Let me know what you think:

00small22269972.JPG

Mike Fellaway

- Life Is Strange™ -
Backer
In my Opinion it's a great idea and has a very good style to give players spots where they can find good loot :). My vote was for yes, but without the guns. I mean, it is probably realistic if there is a Shotgun/rifle in it but I think if this is implemented, these hunting blinds will be constantly camped just like the helicopter crashes in DayZ or the Airdrops in H1Z1 ( but the airdrops from H1Z1 are really loud and stuff ). So I really like the idea of scavenging through the woods and find a hunters blind, but with no weapons, ammo and some food is enough :)!

Moderator #3

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Good call guys... Obviously I support this! ;)

This is just an opinion, but say if they are randomized throughout the map, like chopper crashes in DayZ... say 3 random ones per server restart... that only 1 of these 3 would have a weapon, the others would have ammo/food/water/etc.

Thread starter #4

NothingsTRUE

Survivor
Backer
@DemoCar82 I agree that there should be a slight chance to encounter one with a weapon and the location changed every time the server restarts so it would be difficult to have people just loot farm them. Especially since the map is bigger than Dayz and H1 I believe.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
For a form of "Random Loot Drops", like with most stuff suggested... it fits Black Island very well... makes a lot more sense than a plane dropping box's at random... it's something people would/could hunt for but also doesn't get the attention of everyone on the map just to get them to PvP...

Funny thought really... like you really need to force PvP in these games :rolleyes:

+1

Davz Not Here

Backer
i like this idea BUT .....

i have 2 of these on my land and when you leave my land on the dirt trail through the woods you'll find 6 more over the next 2 miles of trails.

what you will NOT EVER find in one of these blinds is food, of any kind, even wrapped. In fact most good hunters would eat hours before going out, then change into their hunting clothes, which have been hanging outside so their scent was an outdoor scent.

what you will find ..... coffee thermos, sometimes with coffee. a water bottle. a few rounds of ammo (fairly rare,we keep extra ammo in a dry pocket), camo / flash orange ball cap. camo netting (sometimes)

so my point is mainly about severe limiting to loot found in these

also depending on how you 'build' the blind affects how long it lasts before needing repair or rebuilding one.

edit: also the same loot (maybe a bit better) should be found in the deer stands already in the game

Davz Not Here

Backer
For a form of "Random Loot Drops", like with most stuff suggested... it fits Black Island very well... makes a lot more sense than a plane dropping box's at random... it's something people would/could hunt for but also doesn't get the attention of everyone on the map just to get them to PvP...

Funny thought really... like you really need to force PvP in these games :rolleyes:

+1

taking this idea a step further ..... you could find notes or hand drawn maps that lead to secret caches
maybe make it so only the player with the map / note can find it

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
taking this idea a step further ..... you could find notes or hand drawn maps that lead to secret caches
maybe make it so only the player with the map / note can find it
I like this... so they would only spawn when a note is found, much like an optional mission you have stumbled upon when looting a corpse, container, vehicle etc...

Guess it would also save spawning them in and them not being found, to end up sitting there messing with loot cycles n stuff...