• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Hunting Cameras/Security Cameras

Thread starter #1

Jeremiah Fritz

Backer
Set them in the woods around your base and see who has been visiting your home while you were out. Good idea?

having a camera in stn could be usefull to look if anyone has been into your base you just hide your camera somewhere in your house and before you go into your house you check your camera with a pc or something and look if anyone has set a trap for you another thing that could be set on the camera is a moving sensor so you can only look at the times that there has been something moving like zombies, players, animals and more

Tswear

Computer Guru
Backer
Just thought of an idea, what if we were able to find cameras from a store that was abandoned, cut the cords and bring them and mount them to house exterior walls, inside walls and allow either a wired monitor (or 4 XD) or a wireless reciever ( for an upgraded system). there can be 4 types of cameras:

1.) a black and white system (possibly found in small gas stations, need coax cable wires and a power system)
2.)a color version (also in some rare gas stations, can be wired or wireless (in the case of wireless it needs a external power source)
3.)a color version with night vision capabilities (only can see to around 30 feet in its distance at night, distance is unaffected during the day.)
4.) a rotating version of the cameras found in supermarkets, also color and wired/wireless)

all of these would make finding out stuff about your surroundings easier, and would make it easy to defend certain parts of the base, you would need to get a generator or solar panel system up and running for the cameras to work. wires should be able to transmit as far as the voltage can carry the signal, possibly could be buried under ground a few inches and put them on a tree nearby as well.

just my thoughts on this , it would make it more fun for clans to have access to this plus door security systems(remote lock and remote answer systems , like intercoms)

also sorry if this is in another post, i actually couldn't find one with the keywords i entered.
EDIT: if anyone has any suggestions to add to this, it would be nice to refine this and see any negatives this might impose on others. i also think this is more of a gameplay altering system, it CAN be a trap, but it also could be used for just security and awareness. MOD's feel free to move the thread if necessary

Last edited:

Thanatos

Thrill of the Hunt
Backer
Just park your rv behind the house then connect to the cctv, then your the perfect stalker

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
+1
I like both the hunting camera and cctv camera ideas and would also like to add, normal hand-held cameras, my thought would be that survivor's would use them to share base defensive idea's, vehicle modification design's, photo's to boost moral and recon area's...

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
Companion app? Would be an epic addition to the game further down development.

This would be amazing, i can imagine it now - being at work and just logging into the app to check the base. but wait, an intruder......

*cough* *cough* boss, i don't feel to good, I think i need to go home *cough*

If you were able to turn on the power for something such as a small police station or bank there would probably be cameras around it.

It would have a room in the building with a bunch of monitors/screens and a few controls for each such as camera turning.

If a camera needs to be repaired you would most likely need: Metal, Plastic, Glass, and Electronics.

The functionality would probably be group based, such as having 1 person checking the cameras while the others covering blind spots.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
If you were able to turn on the power for something such as a small police station or bank there would probably be cameras around it.

It would have a room in the building with a bunch of monitors/screens and a few controls for each such as camera turning.

If a camera needs to be repaired you would most likely need: Metal, Plastic, Glass, and Electronics.

The functionality would probably be group based, such as having 1 person checking the cameras while the others covering blind spots.
Kindly check next time. Merging with an existing thread. ;)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
@Dr. J
Don't want to derail the other thread and this is the appropriate place to continue...

I've said this somewhere before but makes even more sense now.
Using handheld cameras to take pictures of trap/fortification set-ups and vehicle modification designs... for either sharing or recon.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Well, lets' give come kudos to @CommunistScavenger, here ... we'll need to get them powered from somewhere, and monitored.
I like the idea, but how do we power them, now do we monitor them? Do they have night vision (or IR) capabilities? Do zombies even show up on Infra Red?
I've done a bit of work on RW camera systems - so I think these would be important questions on Black Island.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Well, lets' give come kudos to @CommunistScavenger, here ... we'll need to get them powered from somewhere, and monitored.
I like the idea, but how do we power them, now do we monitor them? Do they have night vision (or IR) capabilities? Do zombies even show up on Infra Red?
I've done a bit of work on RW camera systems - so I think these would be important questions on Black Island.
Don't think they would show up on infra-red.. unless they are on fire hehe... It would probably be best to have the camera have the 1-2 second delay between frames, apart from that would look cool it also makes it not exactly a live feed so some judgement about the timing in the current situation is required.