• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Hunting Cameras/Security Cameras

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
With a Companion App to watch over it this would be incredible. Or even without it just to watch over the footage since you got off in fast forward would be incredible.

willywilldro

Backer
Every hunter that's looking for the best hunt has a deer cam to see if the area is worth the time and effort and if there were zombies and the other hunters were out to kill me to I would definitely want a Deer Cam

DMentMan

Jäger
Backer
Oh dear.. Puns aside, I have no idea what you are suggesting but if it's some magical camera that lets you see stuff then no =P. You should use your own eyes to look around.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Nice idea man but might need to use the search bar to see if it's already suggested to join the discussion, if not then make a thread :)
https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/hunting-cameras-security-cameras.180/

Oh dear.. Puns aside, I have no idea what you are suggesting but if it's some magical camera that lets you see stuff then no =P. You should use your own eyes to look around.
It would be funny or cool to get the security cam working on a building that had them.. just have the 2 frames a sec look hehe

It's a motion detection camera that are mounted to trees for hunters, and it starts recording when it detects motion, they are fairly common.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Well, we're supposed to be time and geographic 'independent' in the game, but a remote camera system ... sounds good!
How do we craft it? How do we power it?
Could it also be used for spotting zombies or other players?
Please look at the link @Num47 has given us a reminder of.

cladriah

Survivor
Backer
Okay, this will be a part 1 of 2 threads. One in building. But here is how things would work.

A monitor would be set up and plugged into a outlet. While up to 4 cameras can be placed. Within a thirty yard or so radius. The cameras have night vision and can move in an arc viewing. Zombies ignore them.

Cameras drain power, but have a setting for motion sensitive activation. This way you can monitor zombies. As you hide in a room.

Mongoose

Backer
I'm personally kind of on the fence about this topic. On one hand, I think it would be a COOL addition, but on the other, how practical would it be? Don't forget that the Dev team have plenty on their plate as it is
The idea of having cameras would be useful, and someone who had set them up properly would be at a large advantage, black/white or colour or not. Thing is though I see a few hiccups. One being that how many people would actually use them? Yeah sure, everyone agrees it's a cool IDEA, but in my experience, when stuff like this is done in survival games, people either ignore its possibilities, or they fudge up themselves and blame the devs for not making it easier to make.
Another problem that I can see being an issue is, wont this be a touch overpowered? I mean, if there were to be a companion app, Guy A drives off to nearby town to loot and opens the companion app. Guy B, C and D take this opportunity and try to break in for supplies. Guy A gets a ping on his phone, charges back to base and if their not out already, sits outside the front door and lights them up with a AR when they leave.

(As much as I despise raiders/raiding (I'm a PvE man myself) if it's in the game, it needs to be balanced for all)