• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Hunting game changer, (zombies can smell raw meat)

Thread starter #1

Hungryduck34

Backer
This would change the way people hunt, the way they store their foods. This could also make trapping zombies more expanded. The meat that attracts zombies would have to be stored in dark rooms and have to be salted to dry out, or if your lucky you could toss it in a freezer if you have the power...

Thread starter #3

Hungryduck34

Backer
I
In a video, the player shoots a deer and zombies rush up to the dead deer and start eating it, tainting the meat. Not sure about storing meat.
I know that's in the game but, I mean if you don't store the meat away properly and there is a zombie pact around that they could smell it from a certain distance and when they do smell it they are attracted to it

fonnymunkey

Backer
As for the meat tainting from zombies, you just have to cook the meat before consuming it or else you will get infected, seeing as cooking would get rid of the bacteria, and even if its not infected it shouldn't be eaten raw or else you risk getting sick.

I just realized that that could be used as a trap mechanic, store tainted meat and if someone steals it they'll get infected :p

Moderator #7

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
As for the meat tainting from zombies, you just have to cook the meat before consuming it or else you will get infected, seeing as cooking would get rid of the bacteria, and even if its not infected it shouldn't be eaten raw or else you risk getting sick.

I just realized that that could be used as a trap mechanic, store tainted meat and if someone steals it they'll get infected :p
I wouldn't even risk it after that either.

Moderator #9

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
I'm with alexander on this one. If I see zombies eating my kill. I'm just going to nope right out of there and leave it be.
I wouldn't risk who knows how powerful their disease really is. You might not be able to cook it out.

fonnymunkey

Backer
I wouldn't risk who knows how powerful their disease really is. You might not be able to cook it out.
That is true, although I think that ideas such as this would be better helped if the Dev's gave some kind of backstory or explanation as to the origin of the disease.
As for leaving it just because of zombies there, think about it, hunting shouldn't be that easy, and if you really need the food and you probably wouldn't make it without it, wouldn't you fight the zombies instead of risking it and starving?

Daniel Riley

professional Tea Drinker
Backer
That's what's it based of but that feature really does stop horsing of meats
It would make you think about how much meat you can store and also when to go hunting, personally i think that this is a great feature that could be implemented into the game.