• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Hunting: Post Harvest

Thread starter #1

Mklwhite

Backer
I just watched the video that Frankie posted that shows the hunting scene where and elk is killed and then butchered and the meat and hide was taken. Afterwards the elk still looked whole. What if after you were done with the butchering there was a pile of bones. Perhaps the bone pile would last out there for a while that would indicate that "someone has been hunting here within the X few days/hours" or "today" type of thing. (I know that bones are super useful too, but as their implementation was not a part of the clip or my immediate thought about the scene,I thought I would let that go.) Just a thought. Thanks.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
The only thing left behind would be all of the insides, the legs, and the head. If we're talking harvesting for meat and hide here.

Thread starter #4

Mklwhite

Backer
I don't think when you hunt you skin them down to the bone.
Usually you just get them and carry the rest off, but elk and other large animals you can. This is to reduce the weight and make packing easier. (Though the hind legs have great marrow in them and is a supper source of fat/calories.) I mean of course there are the guts but I thought that might be "too much".

The only thing left behind would be all of the insides, the legs, and the head. If we're talking harvesting for meat and hide here.
I was just thinking of something that would be quick and easy and yet not look like the whole animal was still just laying there.

I'm sure if this is an area the developers wouldn't want to spend a lot of time in but if they did bones can be used to make weapons (spears mostly), tools (awls) and fishhooks/gorge. Heck, the guts make great bait for traps and so forth but to program for all that might be a bit daunting.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
i agree i like the concept of showing that an animal has been skinned to show a warning that players been around