I have thought of some ideas on how the mechanics of the player killing system might work. Since I've heard about the way players can have consequences for their actions when it comes to killing other players. But how would you differ who is being a bandit, and who is just protecting themselves? Here is what i propose----
- When a shot is fired, if the bullet passes a player within a certain distance (2-3m or so) a timer starts for the player that got shot at, allowing them to kill that person without any or little consequences during that time period.
- With melee weapons, the player would actually have to be struck in order for the timer to start.
- If the person being attacked is in a group, the members of the group also recieve a timer, allowing them to defend their teammate.
- If the person attacking is a member of their group, then all OTHER team members recieve a timer against the hostile teammate.
- The Same may apply to player owned structures and fortifications.