• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Idle animation "coolness" change over time

Would this be a nice addition?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1
Hey,

This is something I suggested in another thread, but that was a litle short
and didn't really belong in that post. Anyway, here is my suggestion:

I think it would be very nifty if your character's idle animations would change
to cooler ones as time passes.

For instance: I just spawned in the world. I gather some supplies and come across a
very good hunting knife. I then hold it in my hand, and see my idle animations are
just simple ones, like running your finger across the edge, or studying it a little.

But, I've now survived for two weeks. I'm still using the knife, and have used it to kill many
zombies and animals. My idle animations are now a lot cooler! My character
now throws it up, and does some tricks with it!

Your character gets harder and more experienced in time.
They get bolder, and are used to handling dangerous weapons by then.

I also think this (in a tiny amount) would help the problem where people just kill themselves
when they need food/water and don't have it. Players care about things they have gained/earned, and they don't
want to lose the experienced idle animations by dieing.

Maybe, if the developers have extra time, they could add cooler pull up animations alongside better idle animations. But that would maybe be a little overkill, hehe.

So what do you think?
Yay or nay?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Hehe like I said in the other thread too...
This is a great idea, you could also add it to the mentality state... like staring at a knife/machete is something that someone who is scared would do more and pressing the tip with a finger/running a finger along the blade, or the bateman with the bat is something a psychopath is more likely to-do.
And to add to that, your energy level may effect it... so being tired/dehydrated you would not have the energy to do anything much really. So the idle animations could be for example holding the bat with one hand by your side because you don't have the energy to swing it... something like that, and some of these might not be totally visible to you but that brings me onto my next thought...

Thinking about what more the idle animations could do, maybe they could have an effect on the people that see it.. like seeing some one tap a baseball bat in a menacing way could make you a bit tense, seeing someone juggle a knife would look cool and could put a smile on your face or someone who doesn't have the energy might need your help... or be an easy target.

It could be something different with how you approach people, general interacting and your gameplay even in a small way.

So in short I voted yes.

Thread starter #3
Hehe like I said in the other thread too...

And to add to that, your energy level may effect it... so being tired/dehydrated you would not have the energy to do anything much really. So the idle animations could be for example holding the bat with one hand by your side because you don't have the energy to swing it... something like that, and some of these might not be totally visible to you but that brings me onto my next thought...

Thinking about what more the idle animations could do, maybe they could have an effect on the people that see it.. like seeing some one tap a baseball bat in a menacing way could make you a bit tense, seeing someone juggle a knife would look cool and could put a smile on your face or someone who doesn't have the energy might need your help... or be an easy target.

It could be something different with how you approach people, general interacting and your gameplay even in a small way.

So in short I voted yes.
I agree with you in every way here. Connecting it to the mentaility state and energy state is a great idea.
Idle animations could do a lot more than just being there for the sake of eyecandy.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I agree with you in every way here. Connecting it to the mentaility state and energy state is a great idea.
Idle animations could do a lot more than just being there for the sake of eyecandy.
Yea it would probably be something simple as the putting the suggested ones into category's and having them when the connected state is active... I wouldn't say they would effect you in any stat way or another player, but more on how they would interact/approach you whether it be good/bad.

I have a tendency to over complicate/think too much into thing's and I like bouncing off good idea's :p