• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Idle animations community input!

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Somebody above posted, "rubbing hands when its cold". I really love this idea, rather than relying on health bar or text based warning all the time, this would be awesome and an extra step towards realism.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Baseball Bat: Tap it on your shoulder and then steady it on your foot.
Machete: Turn the Machete around and look at it in your hands, inspecting it and maybe brushing your hand across the blade.
CombatKnife: Flip it backwards and hold it, then take a few practice slashes at the air in front of you.
Sledgehammer: Hold it Horizontally with both hands and spin the sledgehammer, watching the head spin.
Flashlight: Tap the flashlight on your hand to a beat that cannot be heard.
Hookaroon: Roll it off of your right hand, catch it in the left, then roll it back, just continuously moving it around between your hands

This is just what I imagined myself doing if I were bored and had one of these in my hands. I tried to keep away from anything stupid or unnecessarily dangerous like flipping the knife between your fingers or throwing the sledgehammer into the air.

OneArmedBandit

Backer
Not shure if I'm too late, but how about turning the turned-off flashlight around a bit in the hand and while watching directly into the light source (just like @We gotz purple stuff :T did) the flashlight turns on accidentally blinding the player for a (very!) short bit :D

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Not shure if I'm too late, but how about turning the turned-off flashlight around a bit in the hand and while watching directly into the light source (just like @We gotz purple stuff :T did) the flashlight turns on accidentally blinding the player for a (very!) short bit :D
Haha that wouldn't be very smart

OneArmedBandit

Backer
not smart at all - but terribly funny :D:D

besides, first: such things happen to smart people too, second: nobody said that only the smart people survived the apocalypse (looking at you, Khans...).

anyway it makes more sense for me than doing some badass tricks with the knife whilst which every normal person would slice their hands wide open - *at least* their hands :p

Last edited:

JonnyBlaze

whittle, you could change animations by having wood in a certain inventory slot or other materials.

JonnyBlaze

it is also a form of reducing depression, as it puts your mind to work, while you are not occupied with something else

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.