• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

In game currency?

Should the game have a currency system?

• Yes

Votes: 222 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 129 36.8%

• Total voters

DemonGroover

Backer
I think in an apocalypse the only worthwhile currency are the essentials. Bullets, food, water and medicine.

I actually think bullets would work as a currency with maybe .22/9mm rounds being a base and other larger, rarer calibers being worth more. Dunno really.

Drenix

Backer
My boss used to own a chain of liquor shops and petrol stations.
He always used to say that if the apocolypse ever came, cigs, booze and food would be the currency and hed still be rich.

Dunefan

Backer
Currency worked well in 7 days to die, i can't see why it wouldn't work well in STN!

Mirfster

Backer
I think in an apocalypse the only worthwhile currency are the essentials. Bullets, food, water and medicine.

I actually think bullets would work as a currency with maybe .22/9mm rounds being a base and other larger, rarer calibers being worth more. Dunno really.
^ This. IMHO, let items be the currency instead of some type of "coin".

DZS

Survivor
Backer
As previously touched on, paper moneys only good for burning and TP haha. Yes bullets are good as a currency, particularly higher caliber or anything less common like armour piercing.

Teeto

I think currency should be the items. Between players should be trading for specific items. As for NPCs assign values to all types of items and pay with a bunch of items. That makes more sense I think.

YuNoGuy123

Part of the gucci gang
Backer
I have a better idea:
How about an NPC controlled outpost of which you could trade with NPCs and other players?

WiseManNero

A fire breathn' muthertf***ing dragon
Backer
hey guys i think your missing something here teeth take em from the zombies and bam currency that doesn't jangle or weigh too much plus it's an extra incentive to travel, hunt (because who say they have to be human teeth), and secure your base while at the same time creating both scarcity and an infinite supply

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
With the current build, I'd go for items as tradable commodities between players. Sometimes I'd give half my inventory (guns/ammo) for a can opener or a compass! It's got to be a question of need and want between players who meet up. Sometimes I've found a players stash, left more stuff there and taken the absolute minimum. I once found a can opener, used it then left it.

DZS

Survivor
Backer
With the current build, I'd go for items as tradable commodities between players. Sometimes I'd give half my inventory (guns/ammo) for a can opener or a compass! It's got to be a question of need and want between players who meet up. Sometimes I've found a players stash, left more stuff there and taken the absolute minimum. I once found a can opener, used it then left it.
lol them can openers. Im sure it'll be something addressed soon, it is a bit silly the rarity in spawning. Yeah leaving stashes is cool, in Memories of Mars players ive noticed have started doing that setting up public buildings with supplies of metal ingots and machinery. Its very good to have community created things in game. Hopefully player created signs will be added eventually.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
With luck, zombies can't read … a player created sign or marker of some sort to let other players know of a stash location, or a fortified structure that was available for everyone sounds like a great idea.
I'm sure we've all got to the situation where we just can't carry all the useful stuff we've found, but can't bear to just drop it in the middle of nowhere.