• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

In game currency?

Should the game have a currency system?

• Yes

Votes: 223 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 130 36.8%

• Total voters

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
I say yes - but not "money" ~ I understand you want to make zombies lootable and they (ex-people) would have had money on them; but in the case of an "apocalypse" scenario, I think items such as canned food or stuff like that would be worth than a piece of paper. Bottlecaps could work (and maybe if a player is running around with 5,000 bottlecaps there could be a rattling sound that would attract zombies or be a tell-tell sound for other players to "spot" him/her).

If you go with a bartering system, who would decide what is worth how much? The server population? Or maybe you could add shops managed by NPCs s people get a basic idea of what is worth more...

Maybe you opened up a can of worms, but I like this can.. lol

Never suggest ideas from other games for example DayZ, Fallout, Rust, Ect

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
I think currency isn't a must but is still a good idea, allow players to barter but maybe make the currency something which can also be used in crafting recipes? like batteries for example. you'll need them for a torch or make a small current of electricity. maybe something more valuable? Like food? water? Ammo? Fuel?

Personally speaking, If an apocalypse was to happen and someone wanted something from me I'd want something for it, not money which would be rendered useless as there would be no shops where you could spend your $200 you have looted. It needs to be something that has a good value in game.

Maybe just sticking to the barter method? allows it to be simplistic, fast and flexible depending on how rare you make certain items.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
I disagree with all of this, it's your own risk if you decide to trade with another player, you don't have to trade if you don't want to
I agree with you, you would have to be willing to risk your life for the supplies you need. remember this is like real life; if you really need it, is it worth risking your life? thats the real question

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
Never suggest ideas from other games for example DayZ, Fallout, Rust, Ect
Tell that to everyone else requesting buildable buildings (for lack of better expression) like there is in Rust... Or the same emotes used in DayZ... If you read further, you would have seen I said bottlecaps because I couldn't think of anything else at the moment - I suggested empty bullet casings, too. But anyway.. I think an in-game currency could work, along with bartering if both people trading choose to. The only worry I have with in-game currency is the possibility of "chinese gold farmers" farming them and then selling them for real world money on a website

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
Tell that to everyone else requesting buildable buildings (for lack of better expression) like there is in Rust... Or the same emotes used in DayZ... If you read further, you would have seen I said bottlecaps because I couldn't think of anything else at the moment - I suggested empty bullet casings, too. But anyway.. I think an in-game currency could work, along with bartering if both people trading choose to. The only worry I have with in-game currency is the possibility of "chinese gold farmers" farming them and then selling them for real world money on a website
Guys in order to make new ideas you need go with the old and deconstruct them in order to build a new idea, so naming other type of curriencies or other things you are able to do in different games isn't that bad

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
Never thought of the "chinese gold farmers" but if a currency was implemented i guess it would be quite hard to keep track of people trying to sell the currency IRL.... Good thought

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
that is not possible they said that in game currency you can not trade for real money that is only like on the game real life

madogdan

Backer
exactly, maybe im a trader (but deep inside i want to kill you all)... ;)
Well yeah, this is a possibility, I think trading with NPC's will take the fun out of the community interaction, I think a reputation system should be implemented, while you are alive and you meet someone you can give that player a reputation, say for example you see someone and then they shoot at you and you see his name, you can give him a bad reputation, the lower your bad rep the less known you are, but if you bad rep is high then there is a chance your name could get out, if it's good rep then the opposite works, this will make trading that little bit more safer and could lead into a bounty system, you can ask a bounty hunter to kill a said player and it's up to his moral choice to choose whether or not he hunts down this person, he can choose based on reputation or price, ofcourse if his rep is low on either bad or good, then there is a really small chance of him knowing, however if the rep is high there is a higher chance of knowing his rep.

I agree with you, you would have to be willing to risk your life for the supplies you need. remember this is like real life; if you really need it, is it worth risking your life? thats the real question
Exactly, there is no fun without risk :)

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
I think trader would be the best bet if you want realism, maybe you can have currency on a easy server (using this term lightly) to let people transition or for people who don't want the hardcore survival

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
that is not possible they said that in game currency you can not trade for real money that is only like on the game real life
They can still do that

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
Its possible to trade in game currency for IRL Money. you simple say "hey bob, ill give you 10000 in game currency for 1$ IRL"... then you get on the game and give him the money...

Ryan SImard

Ryan SImard
Backer
Well yeah, this is a possibility, I think trading with NPC's will take the fun out of the community interaction, I think a reputation system should be implemented, while you are alive and you meet someone you can give that player a reputation, say for example you see someone and then they shoot at you and you see his name, you can give him a bad reputation, the lower your bad rep the less known you are, but if you bad rep is high then there is a chance your name could get out, if it's good rep then the opposite works, this will make trading that little bit more safer and could lead into a bounty system, you can ask a bounty hunter to kill a said player and it's up to his moral choice to choose whether or not he hunts down this person, he can choose based on reputation or price, ofcourse if his rep is low on either bad or good, then there is a really small chance of him knowing, however if the rep is high there is a higher chance of knowing his rep.

Exactly, there is no fun without risk :)
WOW a rep system, that would be prefect to go inpart with currency!

Hellish Warlord

Backer
Trading with other players always involves betrayal possibility ..... maby a punishment system for killing after issuing trade such as decrease of skill or sanity.

Hellish Warlord

Backer
NO jeez quit talking about real currency it is not gonna happen that is so dumb. they have a game i forgot what it is called but you can do somthin like that.
this is always going to happen in all games regardless, such as ill give you £1 to run me though that hard area to the good loot, it happens all over.