• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

In game currency?

Should the game have a currency system?

• Yes

Votes: 223 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 130 36.8%

• Total voters

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
this is always going to happen in all games regardless, such as ill give you £1 to run me though that hard area to the good loot, it happens all over.

no it wont. that is why they are saying in game currency for that. I just dont like it when people try to bring stuff from other games into this one

madogdan

Backer
This is starting to go off topic, let's keep on topic please, this is a great idea, to respond to @TheDwemerComrade Money will go, it's paper and will end up being ripped or burnt, it will be more likely that people will trade essetials over currency, nothing much you can do with currency in this world

TheDwemerComrade

Backer
This is starting to go off topic, let's keep on topic please, this is a great idea, to respond to @TheDwemerComrade Money will go, it's paper and will end up being ripped or burnt, it will be more likely that people will trade essetials over currency, nothing much you can do with currency in this world
Up here in Canada we switched to a much more tolerant currency made of some sort of plastic, and you can't rip or tear it as well as the paper we had before.

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
Up here in Canada we switched to a much more tolerant currency made of some sort of plastic, and you can't rip or tear it as well as the paper we had before.
No, but it melts really fast! (I'm Canadian too) - also, it looks even more like Monopoly money now.

no it wont. that is why they are saying in game currency for that. I just dont like it when people try to bring stuff from other games into this one
They (the devs) said there will never be micro-transactions or the game will never be pay 2 win, that is true... but what would prevent anyone else playing from collecting the in-game currency and then re-sell it on the web? Like they did in Diablo 2, World of Warcraft, Guid Wars, and basically every MMO game out there? (commonly know as "chinese" gold farmers, because they farmed gold in Diablo and WoW 24hrs/day)

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
No, but it melts really fast! (I'm Canadian too) - also, it looks even more like Monopoly money now.

They (the devs) said there will never be micro-transactions or the game will never be pay 2 win, that is true... but what would prevent anyone else playing from collecting the in-game currency and then re-sell it on the web? Like they did in Diablo 2, World of Warcraft, Guid Wars, and basically every MMO game out there? (commonly know as "chinese" gold farmers, because they farmed gold in Diablo and WoW 24hrs/day)

What? if you read above dwemer already said there will be no microtransactions

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
I remember in the Metro games, which are a terrific example of an atmospheric post apocalypse games,
they used military grade bullets as currency. They dealt more damage and were fairly rare, but using them always ran the risk of wasting your money too. If there is a limited amount of ammo in the game military bullets as currency could provide a hard choice between using strong ammo or saving money to buy needed supplies.

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer

If it even did melt really fast then what would the point of having it

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
NO jeez quit talking about real currency it is not gonna happen that is so dumb. they have a game i forgot what it is called but you can do somthin like that.
No what he's saying is that people will farm the money and sell it on they're own site, he never mentioned anything about the developers making Micro-transactions

Matthew

Backer
Bottle caps are a fantastic idea but you know..Fallout and all? We had originally thought perhaps batteries would work?
I think batteries would be or like bullets (shells or rifle) like in metro. But of course does this mean your adding in shops or trading centers because with in money there would have to be some kind of value to them because I'm not giving some water to someone for batteries if I can't do something with it having npc traders would give that kind value

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
Fuel and batteris are extremely valuble so maybe that? like if you get some fuel, you'll be able to trade for 5 cans of beans ^^

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
i say it should be based on what people feel is valuable, if some one has 1 gallon of fuel but 100 cans of beans the fuel would be much more valuable than the beans and vice versa