• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

In game currency?

Should the game have a currency system?

• Yes

Votes: 223 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 130 36.8%

• Total voters

Pandorica94

Penguin fanatic
Backer
Bartering goods.

No "currency".

If a real zombie apocalypse were to break out, would you take 50$ for your fuel/food ? I certainly wouldn't

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
Bartering goods.

No "currency".

If a real zombie apocalypse were to break out, would you take 50$ for your fuel/food ? I certainly wouldn't
i feel like i put yes trying to say bartering is a form of currency... did I make the wrong choice :eek: and also we're saying anything can be currency not just paper bills and coins... i think coins would be a good idea

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
I said no, understanding that bartering wouldn't be a universal "currency". Since you would trade for what you want and need.
well all in all i think that bartering will be the way to go

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
Bartering goods.

No "currency".

I would if I could turn around and buy a box of Twinkies with it from someone else (Tallahassee would be happy) or bullets and guns.. like bartering, money is an item to exchange for other items affter a few years tough, paper money would probably have rotted out, but coins would remain and could still be a viable option. That being said, it's all pointless since JB said they were looking at currency in the form of batteries or something like that.. it could even be clothespins.. it doesn't matter what it is, really.

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
Looking into something doesn't mean it's confirmed. That's why this thread is here. If they've already determined something this thread wouldn't exist.
I meant it's pointless to argue over "real money" vs small items as currency - sorry for not being clear about that. I didn't mean the thread is pointless, since the devs are asking for our opinions, so it means their mind isn't made up yet.. The basic question is: do you want currency (in any form) or not? I think regardless of if there is currency or not, a trading system would be great; be it or currency or by bartering items with other players.
And that's all I have to say about that.

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
well that would be weird, fuel being extremy valuble, and you would trade away 5 gallons for just some food? ._,

Blaze Jay

The Playa
Backer
I there any other moderator (not TheDwemerComrade) to clean this mess?

As @JB_ mentioned currency would allow some great situations to happend, so yes in my opinion it would be superb to have currency. As game world is gonna be situated on islands maybe COWRIE SHELLS would a good idea.

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
i feel like i put yes trying to say bartering is a form of currency... did I make the wrong choice :eek: and also we're saying anything can be currency not just paper bills and coins... i think coins would be a good idea

Finally there we go Like we said before traiding Items are the way to go because money probably wont have any value to it

Thread starter Admin #76

timdri1

Backer
I think there should be some sort of currency, but with money. I don't know why everybody should stop using money as currency in the apocolypse. If you want you could also trade with real objects like 2 cans of beans for your torch or something like that. But if you want you could also use money.

I have one reason why we should not use money as currency. Money would not be rare in a real apocolypse because alot of people became zombies and are still walking around with their wallets. So if you look at if from the realistic view 1 can of beans should be worth something like 400 dollars.

madogdan

Backer
I think there should be some sort of currency, but with money. I don't know why everybody should stop using money as currency in the apocolypse. If you want you could also trade with real objects like 2 cans of beans for your torch or something like that. But if you want you could also use money.

I have one reason why we should not use money as currency. Money would not be rare in a real apocolypse because alot of people became zombies and are still walking around with their wallets. So if you look at if from the realistic view 1 can of beans should be worth something like 400 dollars.
He has a point, essential supplies are worth more than cash, cash would end up not being used unless forced upon us.

FlashPaperGrind

That Guy
Backer
Personally i think NPC's are a bad idea. If there really was a zed apocalypse, i doubt people would stick around the sell s**t. Let players barter their good rather. Thats how it would probably be seeing as there would be no real value to money once the stock exchanges shut down from a lack of people willing to ring a bell and then get eaten.

I dont know how you could make this work without attaching a value to things. I like the card idea as it gives the game an item of novelty value as well as trade value. But to what end? Say i sell tons of s**t i dont need and makes lots of $cards$. Then what? die and have my cards taken away? If you HAVE to add a currency of some sorts, dont introduce banks. because their wouldnt be any really. Rather let players pick a spot in their house, lose floorboards or maybe a secret compartment in a cupboard (yup, im so making this 3D model now) and let them store their $cards& there?

If you were to introduce a trade system, how much do you think Outside Undies would cost?

Last edited by a moderator: