• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Infection

Thread starter #1

PartyPouncer

Backer
it would be cool if there was a very rare chance that when a zombie takes a chunk out of your flesh your screen goes grey, you start coughing and you start hemorrhaging from your eyes like ebola so it makes the zombies more of a threat and players would try to stay away from them more. its just a idea.

Last edited:

brianennis1

Backer
speaking of the walking dead. i recently stated to re-watch the series, and i thought it would be cool if you could use the zombies to your advantage for example blending in covering yourself in guts or have zombie pet no arms or jaw like Michonne did like if you need to get to a location with a load of zombies around like a vantage point for example or use them as cover from bandits..

also i thought when looking for supply's you could use fireworks to distract a zombie hoard.

just a few ideas i had in my head let me know what you think?

Regards
BRIAN

Brittany01

Backer
I seen another thread that people suggested this idea and I liked it as well. That would be extremely helpful for scavenging cities during the day!

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
Instant death is a bit too much and it might sound fun but I have played DayZ when the infection rate was super high and antibiotics had a .00000000000001% chance of spawning and it gets annoying really really fast. I actually would rather have it similar to walking dead like it was suggested but to a point to where it could actually be controlled. What kills people in The Walking Dead is the high fever caused by the bites or scratchs delt by the walkers, I would like to see something similar. Like PartyPouncer first suggested there would be a random chance after being struck by a zombie that would cause the player to go into a hyperpyrexia fever.

Becoming Feverish would cause your stamina to drop dramatically, as well as a constant minor drops in your hydration and calorie meters as well as minor periodic negitive increases in your mental meter. It would also increase your risk of additional health problems in cold areas due to sweating. The fever would get stronger and stronger increasing the players body temp and if the player didn't take antibiotics, asprin, acetaminophen, NSAID's like Ibuprofen or decrease their temp some how they would eventually die, either from their body temp, dehydration or suicide from their deteriorating mental state.

brianennis1

Backer
I seen another thread that people suggested this idea and I liked it as well. That would be extremely helpful for scavenging cities during the day!
exactly it would be very helpful indeed. for many reasons including scavenging
Kind Regards
BRIAN

Last edited:

brianennis1

Backer
Instant death is a bit too much and it might sound fun but I have played DayZ when the infection rate was super high and antibiotics had a .00000000000001% chance of spawning and it gets annoying really really fast. I actually would rather have it similar to walking dead like it was suggested but to a point to where it could actually be controlled. What kills people in The Walking Dead is the high fever caused by the bites or scratchs delt by the walkers, I would like to see something similar. Like PartyPouncer first suggested there would be a random chance after being struck by a zombie that would cause the player to go into a hyperpyrexia fever.

Becoming Feverish would cause your stamina to drop dramatically, as well as a constant minor drops in your hydration and calorie meters as well as minor periodic negitive increases in your mental meter. It would also increase your risk of additional health problems in cold areas due to sweating. The fever would get stronger and stronger increasing the players body temp and if the player didn't take antibiotics, asprin, acetaminophen, NSAID's like Ibuprofen or decrease their temp some how they would eventually die, either from their body temp, dehydration or suicide from their deteriorating mental state.
that sounds like a great idea very detailed which is good it sounds about right if something like zombie bite did occur i would like to see something like this implemented in the game it would feel like a real life situation and fun to play

Kind Regards
BRIAN

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
@brianennis1 Thanks for the support

It could be a very good idea, but it need anti-fever medicine if we want to fight the infection maybe ?
Yeah I specified some diffrent types of medicine to fight the infection, there would be really weak medical supplies like asprin and stronger ones like Ibuprofen and acetaminophen and the best would be serious antibiotics. You could also survive if you maintain your fluid level and mental state and cool your body down enough to wait out the fever. It would be really valueable to have a bathtub or similar sized item filled with cold water to cool yourself off with, if it was a washtub you would just need to sit in it for certain amounts of time to drop your body temp.

Aubert Benoît

Backer
@brianennis1 Thanks for the support

Yeah I specified some diffrent types of medicine to fight the infection, there would be really weak medical supplies like asprin and stronger ones like Ibuprofen and acetaminophen and the best would be serious antibiotics. You could also survive if you maintain your fluid level and mental state and cool your body down enough to wait out the fever. It would be really valueable to have a bathtub or similar sized item filled with cold water to cool yourself off with, if it was a washtub you would just need to sit in it for certain amounts of time to drop your body temp.

Ok cool then, that seem a really good idea

Davz Not Here

Backer
in the least ..... when you[a player] die a corpse should remain and become a walker in 'x' amount of time

where as ..... 'x' maybe equal to a cool down of said players re-spawn
'x' maybe = to a randome integer eg.g how 'hot' a zone is based on area # of walkers
'x' maybe = to 'insert "other" option here'

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Level 4 of Kickstarter states -

What 'Realistic Infection System' means, can be interpreted in different ways, so it will be another wait and see for this I think. Either in future builds or a Dev update.