• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Interactable gates

Thread starter #1

After Shock

Backer
You are able to find a chain link gate for example, close it and keep players or zombies out. You could also build one out of wood that would do the same thing. If you find a gate in the world, you could lock it with a chain. If you made one, you could lock it with a padlock.

BlackWater

Cultured Crow
Backer
I really hope they do add moveable gates in certain area's that could be secured and locked, there are a bunch of diffrent gate's they could use. There are also all kinds of upgrades you could install like metal plating, spike's, barbed or razor wire, electric opener's/lock's and plenty of other thing's. Here are some pic's I found of gate's that we might find on the island.

Here is a basic drawing of what a gate opener look's like.

So depending on the size of the gate you would need a good source of power but some use solar power, some electrical wiring and hydraulic's and a control box and reciever would be the most important part.

Storm

Backer
I really hope they do add moveable gates in certain area's that could be secured and locked, there are a bunch of diffrent gate's they could use. There are also all kinds of upgrades you could install like metal plating, spike's, barbed or razor wire, electric opener's/lock's and plenty of other thing's. Here are some pic's I found of gate's that we might find on the island.

Here is a basic drawing of what a gate opener look's like.

So depending on the size of the gate you would need a good source of power but some use solar power, some electrical wiring and hydraulic's and a control box and reciever would be the most important part.
I assume they will add something like this, it would be silly of them not to. If you had to jump out of your car to run up and open a gate every time you wanted to leave camp it would be a waste of time. Of course I'm sure you'll have to add a "opener" to a gate after collecting the parts you need over time so for awhile you'd have to have a normal gate. I'm just saying in the long run I'm assuming there will be an option.

Moderator #4

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
I think this is a must-have item in game like this. At least in my opinion. If it's not then this a good idea. Something to slow down the undead.