• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Interactive Church Bells

Do you want there to be church bells in certain cities, that act like I described?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
In the Walking Dead's Telltale series a character uses Church Bells in the city to draw walkers to one part of town, and then roams around the rest of town with very few to deal with. This could attract the zombies to go towards them, and players in the immediate area to book it, or suffer the consequences. It could be used as a trap, a walker-mover, a signal, etc. As long as it can be heard all throughout the town at a decent volume. I think this would be an incredible addition.

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
In the Walking Dead's Telltale series a character uses Church Bells in the city to draw walkers to one part of town, and then roams around the rest of town with very few to deal with. This could attract the zombies to go towards them, and players in the immediate area to book it, or suffer the consequences. It could be used as a trap, a walker-mover, a signal, etc. As long as it can be heard all throughout the town at a decent volume. I think this would be an incredible addition.
Superb idea!
I think zombies are attracted to loud noises. I don't remember a bell tower on the church in Old Town during the stress tests. Perhaps when we get to explore the full island we might find one / some?
Can you think of any other noise related distractions we might use to distract for zombies?

Moderator #4

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Backer
Like this idea a lot. In addition to the suggestions here... It would be nice if only the main towns had church bells to ring, and if there several that would ring in the distance (within reason) around the map nicely, and each town church had a specific sound to their bell, players who paid close attention could tell where the sound was coming from by the different sounding bells. Say 3-5 of these around the entire map would be sufficient IMO.

Edit: As a comparison, players tend to learn what other players' firearms are by listening to their distinct gunfire sounds.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
All I can do is support this idea, I'd only be reiterating what the honourable gentlemen above have said.
+1

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Thread starter #8

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
I just tried one, I really don't know if it was any good or if that's even how it should be done, sorry I'm new to all of this Lol

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Also maybe just for giggles we can put in this guy if the idea is implemented(Its hanging on a church bell, kinda hard to see)
Perfect form of frontier justice for a someone who KoS.

Hang'em from the church bell and if they don't choke, I'm sure zeds will be more than happy too eat'em.

lovebus

Backer
We could even be like Houdini in Moscow and shoot the bell with a rifle to make it seem like it is ringing.

Computer1633

Backer
This is a cool idea however what about expanding on it a little to create other options for noise that could be heard from a distance such as a powerable PA system at a football/baseball field or an early detection warning system similar to a tsunami alarm? Or even a hand crank alarm that you could trigger to draw zombies away from your safehouse. All of which would not only attract zombies but could also be used to alert players to your location, for better or worse.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I can't find it right now, but there was a suggestion elsewhere on using noise making devices (old walkmans, I think) for zombie attraction or distraction. Shooting bells? Using a PA system from a playing field / shop / petrol station. [might need some supplies and some crafting?]. All fantastic ideas.

Thread starter #16

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
I think theyre all cool ideas, I just personally hope that Church bells in specific are added, since I saw it elsewhere and think it'd be neat as possibly and reference or easter egg :p