• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Invert mouse and custom console key

Thread starter #1

Roobubba

I've just bought the game, have a mate who's been raving about it and loved the look from the videos.

I searched on here and found a few people back in Dec 2017 asking about invert mouse not working. It's still not working. Is this something that will be fixed soon (I'm a fairly new solo game dev, but even I know how this works in Unity and it's very surprising to see it not working in a game where you've clearly done many brilliant things!!)? If not, I will have to refund the game - I've used invert mouse for 25+ years, there's no teaching this old dog new tricks I'm afraid.

Second up, I checked the key config but found no option to change the console key - is this hard-coded too at present? '\' is my mumble push to talk key, not exactly a deal breaker but pretty annoying when I'm so used to using it to keep loading up the console when I don't intend to!

Apologies if the tone of this is a bit off, I've had a few beers. I'm impressed with what I've seen so far by the game and would love to help stress test and provide helpful feedback, but as it is the game isn't playable (and it's over something that's trivial to implement...)

Cheers in advance

Roo

Moderator #2

strategos2411

Lead Moderator
Lead Mod
Backer
I've just bought the game, have a mate who's been raving about it and loved the look from the videos.

I searched on here and found a few people back in Dec 2017 asking about invert mouse not working. It's still not working. Is this something that will be fixed soon (I'm a fairly new solo game dev, but even I know how this works in Unity and it's very surprising to see it not working in a game where you've clearly done many brilliant things!!)? If not, I will have to refund the game - I've used invert mouse for 25+ years, there's no teaching this old dog new tricks I'm afraid.

Second up, I checked the key config but found no option to change the console key - is this hard-coded too at present? '\' is my mumble push to talk key, not exactly a deal breaker but pretty annoying when I'm so used to using it to keep loading up the console when I don't intend to!

Apologies if the tone of this is a bit off, I've had a few beers. I'm impressed with what I've seen so far by the game and would love to help stress test and provide helpful feedback, but as it is the game isn't playable (and it's over something that's trivial to implement...)

Cheers in advance

Roo
The invert mouse was working until the last update(or the update before) and will be fixed again in the next patch

EDIT - JB is adding a ticket for a future build so the console key can be rebound

Last edited:

cdrz

Does anyone know when this fix is expected? A friend and I just picked this game up but unfortunately cannot play until this is resolved. I didn't have any luck locating a local config to modify this manually either.