• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Items for stealthy gameplay

Thread starter #1

Enehaar

Mask
Backer
1.Boots(covered-up)

Move quietly.

Items needed:
  • Clothes
  • Nails
  • Boots
Tools needed:
  • Hammer
  • Scissors/Cutting Knife
2.Large covering

Material for further use.

Items needed:

• 5 x Clothes
  • 5 x String
  • 3 x Rocks ( as weight)
Tools needed:

• Needle
  • Scissors/Cutting Knife
3.Isolated Generator covering

Items needed
  • Large covering
  • Tarpaulin
  • Waterbucket
Risk:
  • FIRE!
  • You gotta maintain the covering with fresh water to keep it cool.

4.Car covering (to hide your car when you're on the hunt or looting and dont have a garage)

Nobody likes it when you return to your car and its gone.

Items needed:

• 4 x Large covering
  • Leaves and twigs
Tools needed:
  • Needle
5.Distraction device

A piece of meat that can be thrown and makes a lot of noise. Zombeys luv that.

Items needed:
  • Some kind of meat, like dead rabbit or rat.
  • Carhorn (can be found pristine or broken, can be fixed with wires etc)
  • Battery
  • String
  • Electronic Scrap
Tools needed:
  • Some kind of knife
  • Pliers
6. Slingshot

Doesnt kill Zombies but throws them to the ground if you hit the head.
Makes it easier to kill them with a melee weapon.
A Y-formed stick with rubberbands nailed to each "arm"
Pliers to bent Nails and Duct Tape to cover them up.
The leather is stiched up between the rubberbands.

Items needed:
  • Rare Stick in the right form
  • 2 x Rubberband
  • Leather
  • Duct Tape
  • 2 x Nails
  • String
Tools needed:
  • Hammer
  • Pliers
  • Scissors
  • Needle
General idea:

Just some ways to be sneaky.
Im the kind of player that loves to clear places silently, so i hope that there will be silent weapons like slingshots, crossbows, bow and arrow.
The slingshot for example to knock zombies to the ground so you can melee them with an axe or to shoot a window to draw attention away from your current position.

Distraction tools are awesome to avoid fights when you're low on ammo or just not well equipped.
e.g. Firecrackers

Lets jump into the maintenance topic. What if your garage door/door is making squeaky noises, while youre trying to hide from a zombie horde. Well you should have used some oil on your doors earlier.
Same with your car and generator. As time progresses it gets dirty and louder and if you wait too long it shuts down. Clean it.

Looking forward to additions.
I'll edit this post every once in awhile.
- mfg Enehaar

Last edited:

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
I imagine there will be tarps or something we could paint to hide them around the area

GiggaBaby

Backer
covering generators, you should only be able to cover for so long. covering a generator with moving parts creating heat.... fire!, should only be aloud to cover for so long, and you have wear and tear on it.

Thread starter #7

Enehaar

Mask
Backer
covering generators, you should only be able to cover for so long. covering a generator with moving parts creating heat.... fire!, should only be aloud to cover for so long, and you have wear and tear on it.
good point i ll edit my post

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
With the idea of car covering id see homemade ghille suits but it be nice to cover it but i do love the idea of all the silent weapons im sure they already have alot but id like to see arrow retrieval be well thought out not saying they shouldnt break but make just having to replace the tips i hope you get the idea

Last edited:
Thread starter #9

Enehaar

Mask
Backer
With the idea of car covering id see homemade ghille suits but it be nice to cover it but i do love the idea of all the silent weapons im sure they already have alot but id like to see arrow retrieval be well thought out not saying they shouldnt break but make just having to replace the tips i hope you get the idea
Maintenance that has to be done, to make this game a little bit harder.

Thread starter #10

Enehaar

Mask
Backer
I imagine there will be tarps or something we could paint to hide them around the area
Well if you would find something freshly painted in a zombie apocalypse, its most likely that there is somebody around.

Thread starter #11

Enehaar

Mask
Backer
Added some more ideas.

Thread starter #13

Enehaar

Mask
Backer
A soaked cover on a generator. I think I'll stick with the noise. Much better than going bang :)
Well on festivals its common to cover up the generator cause its damn loud.
It doesnt go bang that easily.

GiggaBaby

Backer
You could have it so you dig a pit place the generator in the pit and then cover the pit with wood, this would keep it dry cool and also sound proof a little.

liam royal

Backer
I like the idea of the car cover . I think so sort of camo cover for small forts buildings so tgey dont stand out as much in a forest .

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
Well on festivals its common to cover up the generator cause its damn loud.
It doesnt go bang that easily.
Yeah I'm not referring to covering the generator. I'm on about soaking the cover then puttin it on. As I'm sure it's worldwide knowledge that water and electricity don't go

Thread starter #17

Enehaar

Mask
Backer
Yeah I'm not referring to covering the generator. I'm on about soaking the cover then puttin it on. As I'm sure it's worldwide knowledge that water and electricity don't go
I should know, i study Electronic Engineering. I doubt that there are any conductive parts on the outside of a generator that are not isolated.

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
I should know, i study Electronic Engineering. I doubt that there are any conductive parts on the outside of a generator that are not isolated.
Just thought you'd squeeze that in? ;) and yes that's true. But we're talking about a post apocalyptic world here. I don't think we're going to be picking generators off the shop shelves. I think they are going to be run down, battered, mostly broken. So taking that into consideration I'll still opt out. And besides, even IRL I would never put a SOAKING wet cloth clover over any generator. No matter how well it is sealed.