• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Job Board.

Thread starter #1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Just the idea of putting up a job board e.g corkboad, whiteboard... whiteboard would probably be the best for my idea in mind...

You would use a pen and put up the names of job titles picked from a list such as scavenging, recon, hunting, construction, repair, watch duty, designated supply run, ally/base protection etc... People would either be assigned/sign up to-do one from the list (depends how your group plays and more than one person could fill a position). People that would be doing these at pre-set times by the assignee/volunteer would get extra exp and mental boost.

Promotes teamwork/co-ordination for those that do and don't need structure within a game.

Reason I thought whiteboard is it's probably easier from a design stand-point... name/job title changes are easy as wiping them away then...

Davz Not Here

Backer
Just the idea of putting up a job board e.g corkboad, whiteboard... whiteboard would probably be the best for my idea in mind...

You would use a pen and put up the names of job titles picked from a list such as scavenging, recon, hunting, construction, repair, watch duty, designated supply run, ally/base protection etc... People would either be assigned/sign up to-do one from the list (depends how your group plays and more than one person could fill a position). People that would be doing these at pre-set times by the assignee/volunteer would get extra exp and mental boost.

Promotes teamwork/co-ordination for those that do and don't need structure within a game.

Reason I thought whiteboard is it's probably easier from a design stand-point... name/job title changes are easy as wiping them away then...

this [would seem to] rely on .....

a [some what] secure trading system ..... or

npcs ..... or

a land 'owner / renter' system (think minecraft mods like 'kingdoms', 'towny', etc)

Thread starter #4

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Depends how far this idea should go... I am just thinking of having this in the world as an optional thing to have within your safehouse/base more than something required to play and have fun... more a decoration with a purpose :).

Having one might make a whole group and individuals within that group feel better because it's like having some control over your days and if a person is to safe-log back in, they could check it to see what needs doing...

The people to use these would most likely be organized groups so maybe a group using it would gain a higher moral boost than those just wandering around "winging it"... not sure on that...

I don't think a safe trading system is needed... just depends on if risk will be taken and not removed when trading... if doing a trade while that's your "job" (and you live) then the boost would be granted... I am guessing some-kind of trading will be in whether it's within a traditional menu or you mark items for trade to [Insert player/group] so when dropped and picked up by [insert player/group] it's classed as a trade... something will be worked out...

The idea just popped up to discuss with y'all, if they end up shit then move on to the next... that's cool with me :D