• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Kayak/Canoe & Vehicle Rack

Do You Like The Idea ?

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Toastmaster

Not A Racist Piece Of Bread
Backer
Items Needed:
8 Planks
10 Nails

Tools Needed:
Hammer
Saw
Glue Gun

Description:
The map of StN is made up of multiple islands, so what better way to traverse the map than a canoe kayak thingy.

Example:
image.jpg

Paddle
Items Needed:
1 Stick or Pole
2 Planks

Tools Needed:
Saw
Glue Gun

Description:
What better way to make sure your canoe moves than a paddle?

Example
image.jpg

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
good idea, but i dont think it should be a kayak, as they are far to complex to simply just make with a few bits of wood! maybe just a light raft ?

Extracactus

Backer
When thinking about vehicle's boats are not the first thing to come to mind to most people. But I think that boats could be a neat addition to STN, and add something too do as a leisurely activity when the sun is out. Which brings me too Kayak's and Canoe's. (I will not go into the difference. Let's just say they are the same for the sake of it)

Kayaking/Canoeing
In my opinion a Kayak/Canoe would be a great choice of boat for most people because of it's size.These Kayak/Canoes could be 1 2 and maybe even 3 seats. The size would mean that it could be taken with you just about anywhere you go in your car. How you might ask ?. This brings me to the vehicle rack.

Vehicle Rack
A vehicle rack would be a great way to take your little boat around with you wherever you go. This can be handy if your stuck out after dark and need food. Just take your Kayak/Canoe of the car and go for a fish. plus unlike having a big boat you would not need to worry about it.

Thanks for reading and please reply back about your thoughts.

Last edited:

TheClassiness

Definitely a more efficient idea instead of fixing an entire houseboat or something like that. Although I think it should be easy to break. Someone takes a few shots at your car, one or two of them hits the canoe and suddenly you have a useless boat on your roof.

Extracactus

Backer
Definitely a more efficient idea instead of fixing an entire houseboat or something like that. Although I think it should be easy to break. Someone takes a few shots at your car, one or two of them hits the canoe and suddenly you have a useless boat on your roof.
Yeah but what you could do is patch it up with some plaster to plug the hole.

MrZoxx

Backer
I like the idea but I dont want it as a craftable, I would like to see it as something you find in say a dock or possible on top of a car rack on a randomly spawned car

Moderator #9

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
I think Kayaks are a brilliant idea! allows for slightly faster speed when travelling from island to island, a little storage space to put food in whilst you go over the sea?

+1 Toast

Tally Ho!

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
kayaks would be cool

Des8559

Backer
Kayaks would but canoes would probably be easier to implement. Although I'm just guessing I'm no programmer. But would be great to see.

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
Such a troll," sits on the shore snipes a single hole in the kayak guy starts to sink" :D

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
As long as i can store this on the car like they had the shovels on the racks quick transport and dont have to worry about someone stealing it or having to leave it behind

Moderator #15

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
Like the idea of in-game canoes or kayaks, but ones you can find... On the other hand, being able to craft a make-shift boat of some type would be nice also. I bet money on seeing these types of things in game.