• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Key Chains / Lock Picks

Thread starter #1

MacLearn

Backer
As seen in the STN videos, you can lock all doors (from what I've seen). My confusion/suggestion with this is that it seems like anyone can lock/unlock any door. As for the suggestion, I think that there should be some sort of way to make/find a key for a door (perhaps each building spawns with a key somewhere inside?). On the otherhand, as a survivor you may need to break into a building or two for supplies. Keeping this in mind, I think a great craftable tool would be a lockpick. It would be made out of a small amount of metal and would be a 1x use. Let me know what you guys think and thank you Devs for making such an awesome game :)

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
As for keys the developers said that a key system is in the works and will be worked on :) And the lockpick sounds like a good idea. But it should not be OP
So that would mean its a bit harder to craft/find and it has a chance of breaking every time you use one.. So you can't just open 1 door with every picklock, sometimes they will break and you will not be able to open the door unless you have another lockpick.

Thread starter #3

MacLearn

Backer
Yea I agree. As a matter of fact, I think they should break more often than work since realistically, not very many ordinary people know how to pick a lock

Madsl

The Meme guy
Backer
Yepp, And I guess with how the skill system will work the more you lockpick the less chance it gets of breaking.

SadPanda284

Backer
The lock pick system sounds great to me. I do think that, as long as you don't break it, you should be able to hold onto it. Maybe make it a skill that improves over time? Having keys for each building sounds good too, though it'd kind of suck to go to the trouble of finding a key if someone can come along & just break in anyway. I do think that lock picking should take longer than using a key, so that, if you're being chased by zombies or players you have to weigh whether you would have time to pick the lock, or if its best to just keep running & come back later when you have more time.

Des8559

Backer
I like it. I might add that a dirt great axe with time should do the same job so if you need to get in you have the option