• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Keybinding option(s) before game launch.

Thread starter #1

CharlieSuper

Backer
While browsing through the options, I noticed there isn't an ingame option to change keybinds on the fly. As you've stated, there are limitations on what can be done with the limited resources you guys have.

Since pressing alt isn't known by the average player (unless they launch the game and go into the controls section), might it be possible to force the Config menu at launch by default?

PhysXerror

Hunter Gatherer
Backer
i wasn't able to rebind (they didn't save) even using the alt method. Had to resort to using logitech/razor macros

Nic_s

Backer
I can't the ALT option to even work... is there a config file we can edit somewhere? I had a look and couldn't find one. Also, mouse sensitivity is all over the place and the slider doesn't seem to do anything. Actually, I should check the registry as well even though that would be a stupid place to put it.

I am still figuring it out though and if I determine there is a real issue, I will log a ticket.

Nic_s

Backer
Got the ALT thing to work. THe window was hidden behind all the other stuff I have running and it has no taskbar icon. So I couldn't see it. With that said though, I don't really understand why they didn't just go with a simple config file. As a software engineers/developer myself, this feels somewhat over complicated.

Skootur

Backer
Even the ALT method doesn't give many keybinding options. Unless of course there isnt many keys used in the game yet, I was looking for a Push-to-Talk button, but other then movement and 4 or 5 action buttons thats about it thus far.

As soon as you double click Survive The Nights in your Steam library or on your desktop, immediately press and hold ALT. It's not rocket science.

Thread starter #8

CharlieSuper

Backer
As soon as you double click Survive The Nights in your Steam library or on your desktop, immediately press and hold ALT. It's not rocket science.
Rocket science? No, nor is it intuitive to someone that hasn't had to use such a method.

BOOMstyx

Backer
I am able to get the menu up without issue. It always seems to open minimized/in the background which isn't a big deal. But I make the changes. They save from one instance of the input manager and the next time I open it, but it does not apply them in game. There is also no save and quit button on mine like in the screenshots I've seen.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I've also been able to get the menus up without issue, and found the lack of specific save options unimportant. They seem to be persistent for me. OK, they only thing I've really needed to change was the screen res. Everything else is covered by third party software remapping. I'm looking forward to that being part of the game for everyone.

Do you, @BOOMstyx, run some hardware or software that might restrict you seeing those buttons? I often have to faff round with my hardware or software firewalls to even get the basic internet infrastructure to work. That's before I even think about macros on the mice, keyboard and other input device I use.