• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Keys are Going Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Admin #341

JB_

Developer
Developer
I base my reviews also on the combination of the game and the developers, and i can tell you that the moderators on the steam forums are pretty power-hungry and strict. I don't know if it's the same here. But over there they will only respond to the easy questions and/or positive feedback. There were also comments deleted which were polite with maybe a little bit of a sharp edge, but not insults or anything like that.

Not a good first impression when it comes down to handling criticism.
Are you talking about the merged post? The thread was merged with another as whatever it was has been discussed 100 times before I'm sure and something was accidentally deleted the other thread turned into a poop storm of white knighting and maniacs. There's no conspiracy here, we're adults making a video game. Our steam page will remain friendly and orderly. We're a massive active community outside of steam. Our discord is always alive and contains plenty of criticism so stop looking for a Reddit post. Nothing is ever deleted unless they're insulting another user or people flame baiting. We do not censor anything say whatever you want about us so long as you're not calling us thieves. Our mods are more than fair.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/541300/discussions/0/1488866813770947898/?ctp=3

Look how childish that post and the responses are, why would we keep that open?

Banned #342
Well to be honest I doubt there’s 11000 people out there that hate the devs. Theys some upset but once it release they will go back in dormant mode. But really to rate a game by anything other than the game it’s self is childish
11k haters/upset... yes there is (and more we wait more there will be). I told you If the game does not provide what they said after so much time and delays... I'm scared for the global review of the game...
And tell me how to rate a game by anything other than the game?...this question is a bit dim-witted ... Sorry but if the game is good the game is good that's all.. communauty is pretty useless in fact... you will always find nice and bad players in every games even if the comm is great or not

Last edited:

nobodyspecial

Backer
Ive learned a lot about how much time it takes to actually release a game no matter how finished it is and I have tons of respect for the Devs who not have to deal with trying to get this game released but all the hate thats coming from tons of people who haven't taken the time to look into how much work you guys are putting into this. Keep up the good work.

Thread starter Admin #345

JB_

Developer
Developer
11k haters/upset... yes there is (and more we wait more there will be). I told you If the game does not provide what they said after so much time and delays... I'm scared for the global review of the game...
And tell me how to rate a game by anything other than the game?...this question is a bit dim-witted ... Sorry but if the game is good the game is good that's all.. communauty is pretty useless in fact... you will always find nice and bad players in every games even if the comm is great or not
You seem to be confused about our development so far. Our timeline explains a lot. The game has only been in development for 2.5 years by handful of people. The builds are right where they should probably be even for an experienced team. We've had to learn everything as we've plugged away. This build is not for you, I can tell you that right now. You're remembering a concept video of a game that didn't exist. This is a pre-alpha release, many features are lacking or simply missing. We will work together as a community to develop that build in the coming months.

nobodyspecial

Backer
So I just want to clear things up for myself. Are you guys going to send the current build to steam for approval on Friday morning or will you have the game available for download by sometime around Friday? Im not complaining or anything Im just wondering.

Thread starter Admin #347

JB_

Developer
Developer
So I just want to clear things up for myself. Are you guys going to send the current build to steam for approval on Friday morning or will you have the game available for download by sometime around Friday? Im not complaining or anything Im just wondering.
No we will send our build for approval then. Once we're approved I believe it's up to us when we release. Just a matter of setting the date in backend or pushing publish I think.

Drunken_illa_noise

Take shots and stream... Maby kill some zombies
Backer
I'm not mad I'm just pointing this out but it'd be better if you didn't say this is what is happening that's what gets these people mad and accusing and. I quote
"1. This weekend will be spent sorting through key issues. Some of our backers are looking for keys in email accounts they’ve not used in some time. We’ll sort through as many of these issues as possible.

2. Early next week our builds are sent for approval to Steam

3. By the week’s end and once approved, the Steam store launches (unlisted)

4. You’re now able to download Survive the Nights
I know they still will find something to complain about but it's best not to say things if you are not for sure on it but like I said when it's ready it's ready to me and tho I hate the complaining of some people I can understand why they are

xBaD JuJu

F.B.I (Female Body Inspector)
Backer
Lol my dumba** finally realized i was on the wrong humble account... *Facepalm moment*
But got my key and super pumped to get to testing this bad boy! Keep up the great work fellas and cant wait to see your dream come to life

Thread starter Admin #350

JB_

Developer
Developer
I'm not mad I'm just pointing this out but it'd be better if you didn't say this is what is happening that's what gets these people mad and accusing and. I quote
"1. This weekend will be spent sorting through key issues. Some of our backers are looking for keys in email accounts they’ve not used in some time. We’ll sort through as many of these issues as possible.

2. Early next week our builds are sent for approval to Steam

3. By the week’s end and once approved, the Steam store launches (unlisted)

4. You’re now able to download Survive the Nights
I know they still will find something to complain about but it's best not to say things if you are not for sure on it but like I said when it's ready it's ready to me and tho I hate the complaining of some people I can understand why they are
Forgot a bit of that post though.

How we’ll move forward - the plan as it stands today (all of this may change, remember this is our first time doing this) -

Thread starter Admin #352

JB_

Developer
Developer

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Start of this year, i purchased Conan exiles, being a huuuuuge fan of Conan lore and survival games, i thought it would be an awesome game, instead we got Unreal Engine template, generic crap, the game brings absolutely nothing new to survival genre. Even worse, it has nothing to do with conan lore either.
My point is, i would rather wait another year for a game i will enjoy, than playing a game today, which i will spent 1hr playing for the rest of the year.

TomCrane

Backer
Hello moderators & developers,

At first: Thanks for keeping us up to date on quite a clear way, we know what where we're up to.

The only thing I'm worried about is the way you react on people when they're disappointed about the delay. You could've expected that people are getting disappointed when they're not getting what they're told. I'm more into a game that's great, than a a game that's released because people wanted it to. I'm in a company that develops proffessional software, kind of a comparable business. If I could give you a hint: Don't announce dates when you're not sure of it, you're creating expectations for people that you're not sure of apparently.

I support you in creating the best survive-game there will be at this moment, but please don't overreact on people for being disappointed.

Yours sincerely,

Tom

RickGrimesdd

Survivor
Backer
So we’re can I go to see these statistics
Or go see these 11k haters

Steel

Backer
Backers 100% have the right to complain at the developers and those in charge of this game, as this is a public OPINIONATED forum, as well as the fact that us backers have put our resources on the line (some of us, quite a bit) to receive a product that has not been successful in holding its claims (however I do know that they will, as they are working very hard). I agree, the production could have been handled much more efficiently from what I have learned in this industry, however to those who ARE complaining about it very rudely; don't be surprised whenever you get flamed back by those who are rightfully defending themselves. Just everyone stop being hypocritical and try to be a bit more mature.

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
Backers 100% have the right to complain at the developers and those in charge of this game, as this is a public OPINIONATED forum, as well as the fact that us backers have put our resources on the line (some of us, quite a bit) to receive a product that has not been successful in holding its claims (however I do know that they will, as they are working very hard). I agree, the production could have been handled much more efficiently from what I have learned in this industry, however to those who ARE complaining about it very rudely; don't be surprised whenever you get flamed back by those who are rightfully defending themselves. Just everyone stop being hypocritical and try to be a bit more mature.
Most of the ones complaining, bought the game last week

Thread starter Admin #360

JB_

Developer
Developer
Hello moderators & developers,

At first: Thanks for keeping us up to date on quite a clear way, we know what where we're up to.

The only thing I'm worried about is the way you react on people when they're disappointed about the delay. You could've expected that people are getting disappointed when they're not getting what they're told. I'm more into a game that's great, than a a game that's released because people wanted it to. I'm in a company that develops proffessional software, kind of a comparable business. If I could give you a hint: Don't announce dates when you're not sure of it, you're creating expectations for people that you're not sure of apparently.

I support you in creating the best survive-game there will be at this moment, but please don't overreact on people for being disappointed.

Yours sincerely,

Tom
Just a reaction, not an over reaction by any means. We have the right to react and state our cases same as the backer do do we not? The internet is not one sided. The talk of delay is crazy here, I say in the update first line that this is all subject to change. I'm constantly chasing my tail with handful of backers who are always negative and bring nothing to the party. I state in this OP clear as day all of this subject to change and still I get called out for it. We interact with our backers and will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.