• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Keys are Going Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakishwizard

Backer
So i wish STN developers would make more updates on the forums as to whats going on with steam atm. I'd like if they put a forum post about if they are pushing the build to steam right now or when ever they are going to put it out. i dont like being in the dark and wondering if they have even pushed the build to steam or not. idk maybe im the only one who thinks we arent being updated enough on this. maybe im just crazy

Thread starter Admin #362

JB_

Developer
Developer
So i wish STN developers would make more updates on the forums as to whats going on with steam atm. I'd like if they put a forum post about if they are pushing the build to steam right now or when ever they are going to put it out. i dont like being in the dark and wondering if they have even pushed the build to steam or not. idk maybe im the only one who thinks we arent being updated enough on this. maybe im just crazy
Builds will be sent to Steam at the end of the week. Once approved we can release at anytime. I will update OP

Sonboomin

Up and coming youtuber
Backer
Most of the ones complaining, bought the game last week
Facts..i backed the game the moment i saw the concept vids...never once have u seen me complain..if u join the discord u can see jb playing unity which im going to assume that is means he working in the game..I see the whole team on unity everyday

Thread starter Admin #364

JB_

Developer
Developer
Facts..i backed the game the moment i saw the concept vids...never once have u seen me complain..if u join the discord u can see jb playing unity which im going to assume that is means he working in the game..I see the whole team on unity everyday
I think most peoples gripe is with our inability to set proper dates. Now that keys have gone out the dummies that were claiming this to be some type of elaborate scam have gone away.

fresh1026

Backer
Hey you guys are doing good at keeping us up to date, and I thank the dev team for this. The only thing that bothers me is the people who claim scam and those who have 100% faith in the dev team and defend them. This creates arguments that are unnessary, this fourm page is ment for questions and discussions not arguments, is it not? So why cant we all chill we are close to release closer than ever before so just sit back and wait till the chosen day. Maybe a debate fourm page is needed? We dont have one of those do we? So why not make one and people who want a argument/debate can go there becuase to be honest I just wanna see the devs answer questions and to see people ask questions, heck even some random memes,not arguements. Does any one agree with this? Yah or Nay?

Sonboomin

Up and coming youtuber
Backer
I think most peoples gripe is with our inability to set proper dates. Now that keys have gone out the dummies that were claiming this to be some type of elaborate scam have gone away.
Even if it was a scam it was only 25 bucks.. people need to learn game programming takes a alot of trial and error... i wanna play the game just as much as the next person..just gotta wait it out

Templar

Survivor
Backer
For those whiners whining about a delay, I would like to refer them to my post from my own topic:

So I heard from a friend that STN was going to get an earlier release, because some backers complained on the Discord. I just want to give my opinion on this, and hope the devs will take notice. I don't think it's a good idea to do an early release, because it interferes with the devs expectations and schedule in a very bad way. It could prompt rushing to meet this earlier release date, which will mean a lower quality game. I did not pay for a lower quality game. I paid to get a high quality game, and I expect nothing less. I have not seen a vote, so no majority or minority can be established whether or not all backers really want this.

As an example for the devs and others, I would like to quote the developers of the famous Steam zombie videogame Zombie Panic! Source, who are releasing an overhaul update with a new game engine the 8th of this month, 6 years after the last update was released.

Understandably, many of you have been eager to know when the update will release. Many of you have also been disappointed in our refrain from giving a decisive release date. We've done this to allow ourselves to focus as much as possible on ensuring a top quality update, without having to worry too much about the large string of problems that occur and delay development.
...This caused a big delay but was entirely necessary for us to be able to implement the things we wanted, as well as expand upon the game in the future.
Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/zps/announcements/detail/1450581863742595158

As you can see, videogame developers require time to do their work. This goes for every videogame developer in the world, past, present and future. If you take that away from them, they can't do their work properly, and the end result is a product that did not have the chance to live up fully to its potential. Developers, you should take notice and take the privilege to actually take this time and do your job. Satisfying people early just to satisfy is of no use, and will throw all of your ideas, ambition, vision and dedication in the garbage can.

I hope that others who feel the same as I do will voice their opinions in here as well. Thank you.

from my thread: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/earlier-release-than-scheduled-bad-idea.9573/

If you feel it's necessary to announce you're going to ask for a refund, please just contact the developers in private and stop bothering other people with your whiny baggage. Thanks.

Last edited:

lagacy

Backer
Hey JB don't mind about that, it's not your job first(it's why you are supposed to have Moderators that are doing the actual public managing and they're supposed to be the line between you and the public, they are also giving the updates ), as a Developper you should focus on making everything good on your side.

we, myself and my friend that is a 3d artist, are in a new game developement project(been doing prog since my 18th but it's my first video game project with unity) and i follow game developpement since a long time and it's always like that every time your gonna get a game out(and be prepared...Each majors updates gonna be like that at the moment you speak about it and or a release date)

Dont give up big boyyyyy! :D (And really...get a good Customer Service modo it's gonna be so much better on your side)

OhDemGames

Oh so pretty oh so pretty
Lead Mod
Backer
Hey JB don't mind about that, it's not your job first(it's why you are supposed to have Moderators that are doing the actual public managing and they're supposed to be the line between you and the public, they are also giving the updates ), as a Developper you should focus on making everything good on your side.

we, myself and my friend that is a 3d artist, are in a new game developement project(been doing prog since my 18th but it's my first video game project with unity) and i follow game developpement since a long time and it's always like that every time your gonna get a game out(and be prepared...Each majors updates gonna be like that at the moment you speak about it and or a release date)

Dont give up big boyyyyy! :D (And really...get a good Customer Service modo it's gonna be so much better on your side)
Hello so I don't have time to read everything in this thread right now kinda don't want to either (on phone) but if people are wanting a refund go contact humblebundle you aren't helping anybody by saying you will get a refund in here, it is a shame that some people cannot wait a week more while the devs continue to work there asses off to get the build approved now is not the time to complain as we are so so close just hold on a little more :)

Waiting a week more won't kill anybody.

Will be back in action once my new PSU comes.

Last edited:
Moderator #373

Alexander Matthews

M0d3rat0r
Community Mod
Backer
@Alexander Matthews , yes @a2z(Interactive); don't have the 'man-power' available to the AAA developers.
But they have something more important, a passion to bring us all 'the game they would want to play'.
It looks like the key distribution has gone rather well. So just a short wait for Steam to approve the build, then we can download it and continue to support the Dev.s by finding bugs and refining this fantastic game.

Will there be Easter Eggs [the interestingly shaped moon base]? You bet there will! You don't work on software this long without having the occasional (possibly caffeine crazed) mad moment in the early hours of the morning when you're the only one still working.
Yes exactly. That is what I was trying to get at haha. This key distribution has gone very well it seems. A lot of positive feedback from the players as well so that's been helpful to them to see I'm sure.

I only know of one POSSIBLE easter egg and that's my Christmas song I made for the community. I really hope they put that on a handheld radio like mentioned :) :D

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Just keep making the survival game we want, not some generic crap, and we will support you
Just this.

The haters and moaners can have their say, fair dos. But more constructive comments would be better. Anyone know how hard a journey this had been for the team at @a2z(Interactive); to take the game this far? Even those of us who run our own businesses probably don't understand all the minefields they've had to move through to even get to this stage.
We've had regular updates.
There's always a member of the Dev. team or forum Mods nearby to answer questions.
I backed this idea over three years ago on Kickstarter. Another week or two doesn't matter to me.

Banned #375
Waiting a week more won't kill anybody.
Yeah but every weeks we wait another week ...... Since december 2016... It's a long week then :D

ld-airgrafix

Survivor
Backer
my faith in them and the game is ! definitly
And yet here you are, just like the rest of us, eagerly waiting to get your hands on the game, checking the forums hourly, see if any news. And you will continue to check until the game releases, whether its tomorrow or next week or next month. So clearly you havent lost faith.

Reigns

Backer
One of the things I liked most about the past few months - is that you made no commitment to time. "We're working on it" was enough for everyone.

The second you pick a day or week, it negates your "subject to change" clause...people just take the date and run with it.

Just keep working on it, whenever you submit it to steam and whenever it's available to us - that will be a great day. (Though, you will still feel salt of gamers who expect this to run like a AAA title)

JB - You've got a tough job chasing all these fires to put out...keep it up, brother.

Æon Flux

Twiddling thumbs in a bunker somewhere.
Backer
So I'm kinda lost. Is the game being released later this week or later this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.