1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keys are Going Out!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by JB_, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Member Backer

May 31, 2017
    What are you 12? Grow up and learn to have patience.

Grem and xBaD JuJu like this.
  2. Templar

Templar Survivor Backer

Dec 20, 2015
    For those whiners whining about a delay, I would like to refer them to my post from my own topic:

So I heard from a friend that STN was going to get an earlier release, because some backers complained on the Discord. I just want to give my opinion on this, and hope the devs will take notice. I don't think it's a good idea to do an early release, because it interferes with the devs expectations and schedule in a very bad way. It could prompt rushing to meet this earlier release date, which will mean a lower quality game. I did not pay for a lower quality game. I paid to get a high quality game, and I expect nothing less. I have not seen a vote, so no majority or minority can be established whether or not all backers really want this.

As an example for the devs and others, I would like to quote the developers of the famous Steam zombie videogame Zombie Panic! Source, who are releasing an overhaul update with a new game engine the 8th of this month, 6 years after the last update was released.

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/games/zps/announcements/detail/1450581863742595158

As you can see, videogame developers require time to do their work. This goes for every videogame developer in the world, past, present and future. If you take that away from them, they can't do their work properly, and the end result is a product that did not have the chance to live up fully to its potential. Developers, you should take notice and take the privilege to actually take this time and do your job. Satisfying people early just to satisfy is of no use, and will throw all of your ideas, ambition, vision and dedication in the garbage can.

I hope that others who feel the same as I do will voice their opinions in here as well. Thank you.

from my thread: https://community.survivethenights.net/threads/earlier-release-than-scheduled-bad-idea.9573/

If you feel it's necessary to announce you're going to ask for a refund, please just contact the developers in private and stop bothering other people with your whiny baggage. Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 11:33 PM
    Num47, Sitr00n, OzzFreak and 7 others like this.
  3. lagacy

lagacy Member Backer

Nov 11, 2017
    Hey JB don't mind about that, it's not your job first(it's why you are supposed to have Moderators that are doing the actual public managing and they're supposed to be the line between you and the public, they are also giving the updates ), as a Developper you should focus on making everything good on your side.

we, myself and my friend that is a 3d artist, are in a new game developement project(been doing prog since my 18th but it's my first video game project with unity) and i follow game developpement since a long time and it's always like that every time your gonna get a game out(and be prepared...Each majors updates gonna be like that at the moment you speak about it and or a release date)

Dont give up big boyyyyy! :D (And really...get a good Customer Service modo it's gonna be so much better on your side)

Templar likes this.
  4. OhDemGames

OhDemGames Oh so pretty oh so pretty Community Mod Backer

Jun 19, 2017
    Hello so I don't have time to read everything in this thread right now kinda don't want to either (on phone) but if people are wanting a refund go contact humblebundle you aren't helping anybody by saying you will get a refund in here, it is a shame that some people cannot wait a week more while the devs continue to work there asses off to get the build approved now is not the time to complain as we are so so close just hold on a little more :)

Waiting a week more won't kill anybody.

Will be back in action once my new PSU comes.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 2:52 AM
  5. Alexander Matthews

Alexander Matthews M0d3rat0r Community Mod Backer

Aug 16, 2014
    Yes exactly. That is what I was trying to get at haha. This key distribution has gone very well it seems. A lot of positive feedback from the players as well so that's been helpful to them to see I'm sure.

I only know of one POSSIBLE easter egg and that's my Christmas song I made for the community. I really hope they put that on a handheld radio like mentioned :) :D

Num47, Templar and Dr. J like this.
  6. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Just this.

The haters and moaners can have their say, fair dos. But more constructive comments would be better. Anyone know how hard a journey this had been for the team at @a2z(Interactive); to take the game this far? Even those of us who run our own businesses probably don't understand all the minefields they've had to move through to even get to this stage.
    We've had regular updates.
    There's always a member of the Dev. team or forum Mods nearby to answer questions.
    I backed this idea over three years ago on Kickstarter. Another week or two doesn't matter to me.

Num47, Templar and ld-airgrafix like this.
  7. OuTuSorsOuJteSors

OuTuSorsOuJteSors New Member

Dec 5, 2017
    Yeah but every weeks we wait another week ...... Since december 2016... It's a long week then :D

8. OhDemGames

OhDemGames Oh so pretty oh so pretty Community Mod Backer

Jun 19, 2017
  9. OuTuSorsOuJteSors

Dec 5, 2017
    my faith in them and the game is ! definitly

RickGrimesdd likes this.
  10. ld-airgrafix

ld-airgrafix Survivor Backer

Feb 4, 2015
    And yet here you are, just like the rest of us, eagerly waiting to get your hands on the game, checking the forums hourly, see if any news. And you will continue to check until the game releases, whether its tomorrow or next week or next month. So clearly you havent lost faith.

lagacy, Num47, Templar and 5 others like this.
  11. Reigns

Reigns Member Backer

Dec 22, 2016
    One of the things I liked most about the past few months - is that you made no commitment to time. "We're working on it" was enough for everyone.

The second you pick a day or week, it negates your "subject to change" clause...people just take the date and run with it.

Just keep working on it, whenever you submit it to steam and whenever it's available to us - that will be a great day. (Though, you will still feel salt of gamers who expect this to run like a AAA title)

JB - You've got a tough job chasing all these fires to put out...keep it up, brother.

12. Dawg

Dawg Member

Nov 26, 2017

Has this kid been banned yet? He really seems to want it.

I have followed this game since 2014 like a lot of you. No I did not invest early on based on personal belief. I would rather wait another year then see yet another EA game fail because Devs make mistakes they can not backtrack from. Those that feel they have waited too long should not have put the money out to begin with. Remember guys you are back people new to this. From what I read this team is a couple of guys that met gaming and decided to try to bring us a game that has things all the others lack. They are not professionals yet but in time they will be. Remember they have to run a business and develope this game.

To Devs and Mods of this community hang in there and things will get better. You have many supporters that just are not as loud as the kids crying and whining. The restraint on the part of mods to not ban some of these people is amazing. I dont believe in squashing opinions but when the opinions are threats to troll a thread until one gets what they want........ Anyhow STN is on my wishlist and the day it goes live I will be there with you all.

Also to gamers the day the server files are out my buddy and I will be adding a server to the community. I will return here at that time to give the relevant info.

Num47, Templar, Melim and 1 other person like this.
  13. Æon Flux

Æon Flux Twiddling thumbs in a bunker somewhere. Backer

Jan 7, 2017
    So I'm kinda lost. Is the game being released later this week or later this month?

14. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Survivor Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    Well hell im disappointed that it didn’t come. But exited when it does. Disappointed is not hate or equal to negative feedback. That’s a huge difference there bud. Hell im sure the devs are disappointed that they didn’t get it out to us

TruthLayFallen likes this.
  15. robertholley

robertholley love to play games ......alot Backer

Aug 17, 2017
    First thank you. Ok I have backed alot of games in the pass and most of them give something to the people that had faith in them. Have you thought about that because so far we get the keys to play before anyone else but can't play until steam let's us download and by then everyone else will be able to do the same. Is there going to be a few server for us so we don't have to have hundreds of people messing with us or some kind of gun or cloths ? I know we get the game at a cheaper price. I get that. I paid for ablion online and they hooked up up on coins. This is one of the reasons I back people. It's not the main reason. I think this game can and is a bad ass game/idea. Besides that everyone loves items or things like that "that a few people have". Shit I would buy a second game for things like that. I am just asking and if anyone else throught of this. I hope I am not disrespecting anyone ,it's other my intent. Remember I backed this company because when I did it was mostly a idea. I would do it again.

Dr. J and Num47 like this.
  16. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Survivor Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    The Kickstarters are getting something. As far as backers we get an awesome game in the end

Templar likes this.
  17. OuTuSorsOuJteSors

Dec 5, 2017
    nope I just wait to sell my keys that's all :D. I wait they release to find someone here who wanna buy it (there are always guys who wanna) xD because now I just wait the EA (which will come in half past never I guess :D )

Or I play to it and I make a terrible review and I wait ages to come back when there will be something decent.

Or The game satisfies me and I remake a review (probably good)

So what do you prefer ? Let me guess the first one. yeah good choice :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:24 PM
  18. Templar

Templar Survivor Backer

Dec 20, 2015
    You're not even a backer.

19. OuTuSorsOuJteSors

Dec 5, 2017
    Lol yeah Because I don't get the badge?? ROFL ahhh nice joke thanks. You think It does matter to me to get a badge :D ? and because I don't get the badge i'm not a backer ? so Candid I love it .Thank you ! you made me laugh

20. Templar

Templar Survivor Backer

Dec 20, 2015
    Why do you troll and in effect cause people's happiness to go away? Okay you have no faith in the developers and the game, okay you want to devalue the game's dignity by bragging how you're going to sell keys in misfortune of others. Now please leave us real backers & supporters alone. You're just being a troll trying to spread negativity and get a reaction from people.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 4:36 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.