• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Killed Survivors turn into zombie?

Thread starter #1

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
So i was thinking that the bodies of the dead survivors could turn into (NPC) zombies and walk around, unless it got killed with a head shot or removed the head of the corpse?
Like, you have to make sure they are DEAD before looting the body and the surroundings

I think it could add more to the zombie theme, and be more 'realistic'

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
I like this idea, but realistically, they'd need to have been killed by zombies, or at the very least have been munched on by zombies after getting killed - and of course they can't turn into zombies if they got shot in the head like MrPhysicalSky said.

Khad

Letscrosby
Backer
I like that idea. I think that they should take some time to turn, however, instead of getting up right away. That way, you could have a chance to burn bodies or take off their head before they rise back from the dead. Imagine you and a group of friends are together and some die. Now you have to take care of the bodies. You'd get a mental health hit for having to burn the bodies of your former companions.

Thread starter #4

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
Well, i think there's alot of ways to get 'infected' like some zombie movies they can die, but only turn if bitten by a zombie, but in the walking dead (i've read alot of them) they've been infected the whole time, so they turn no matter what, even killed without being bitten.

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
Well, i think there's alot of ways to get 'infected' like some zombie movies they can die, but only turn if bitten by a zombie, but in the walking dead (i've read alot of them) they've been infected the whole time, so they turn no matter what, even killed without being bitten.
Yea I know that - I love TWD tv show and they turn no matter what... I guess it all depends on what the devs are basing the game on.. I still like the idea though! ;)

SadPanda284

Backer
i wanna be a zombie!! & then shoot myself in the head & loot me so i can get all my stuff back!! lol

Zipp3n^

Backer
Yea I know that - I love TWD tv show and they turn no matter what... I guess it all depends on what the devs are basing the game on.. I still like the idea though! ;)
I think many people want it to be like in TWD, but it would be nice to hear what the devs thoughts are:)

Darin Roberts

Backer
Most zombie games don't let you get turned especially not mmo's but I think it would be cool.

Moderator #10

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Community Mod
Backer
As this is a survival game, it kind of defeats the aspect of survival as some people would just want to play as a zombie. Don't get me wrong player zombies would be nice but I don't agree with it. This is my opinion and I don't want you to get offended.

Tally Ho!

circularmirror7

ZombieSitter
Backer
The Devs are going for more of a team player experience. I don't think player zombies will support team play that much. Honestly playing as a Zombie is cool, But only for small games. Like L4D2 and Contagion. Anything open world you would be doing a lot of walking.

circularmirror7

ZombieSitter
Backer
What if once you died the character you were playing just turned into a npc zombie. That would make it harder for other people to
get your supplies off your body.
That is a really good idea. Similar to the survivor zombie in L4D2 that carries the items from when it was human.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
What if once you died the character you were playing just turned into a npc zombie. That would make it harder for other people to
get your supplies off your body.
lol that's what i thought you meant

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
yeah i like that idea but i think the zombie you should have some of the items you had, not all of it

TheLatinoPope

Generic NPC #42
Backer
i understoood what he meant by the title, and i like it. i myself don't know any games that if your character dies you become a zombie, and this system would make a bandits life harder. kill the guy with a shot to the torso and walk over to loot his body only to have him munch on you face while you where searching him.

Thread starter #19

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
I really like the idea, but don't you think there would be an issue with the whole mental health thing for shooting other players (before they've turned of course)?
shooting a player will lower your mental health, but when they are "dead" then it's fair game to kill them