• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Knee and Elbow Pads

Thread starter #1

TheClassiness

Uses: It's use is fairly obvious, extra protection goes a long way. It shouldn't encumber you a whole lot, since it's only on a relatively small part of your body. I doubt it'd deflect a shot very well, but against zombies it might be useful. Unless they're going for ridiculously accurate zombie bites, I'd say just a percentage increase to not get bit would be enough.

Advantages:
-
Extra protection. With busted knees you're not going to be able to move around a whole lot..
- Fairly common in sporting goods stores.

Disadvantages:
- Other than sporting goods stores, you're pretty limited on where you're going to find them.
- Only covers a very small portion of your body.

Cookie

Officially Unofficial.
Backer
Yes (a million times)

(Edited by MrTotez to remove ludicrous quantities of "yes". This was pretty much the definition of spam. No.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator #3

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I like the idea of that, but make them specifically a non-military style... say some bicycling knee pads, elbow pads, etc.

Police Elbow/Knee Pads

Hockey Knee Pads

MotoCross Knee Pads

Paintball Elbow Pads

I am sure this could slightly be expanded on by a couple different masks/helmets, maybe some additional hockey pads, etc.

Thread starter #4

TheClassiness

@DemoCar82

Yeah, that's basically what I had in mind, only sporting equipment. It's rare to find any kind of sporting goods in survival games, even though they provide protection without slowing you down a whole lot (Excluding giant hockey pads and such.)

Although military grade stuff like this wouldn't be too OP or anything.

odinfan1

shhh im hunting zombies
Backer
I like it but I think you should include shin and forearm protection as well you can find them in the same places and there just as useful in covering important body parts'

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Love the idea.. and add the ability to craft makeshift ones, out of duct-tape and magazines.:)
+1 This

Doublebow

Lone Wanderer
Backer
I think it would be cool if these where added, on top of this it would be cool if you could like put big nails through them to give you that apocalyptic feeling, also if you have spikes coming out of the elbow pads you could use it to stab a zombie if it comes from behind to help you get away form it.

Davz Not Here

Backer
+1

i still have my old elbow / knee pads and helmet from when i was a skate rat