1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Knocking

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by cladriah, Apr 16, 2017.

1. cladriah

cladriah Survivor Backer

May 21, 2015
    Here is an idea. Knocking on stuff. Sort of like flushing out zombies or alerting players in a house, a friendly is there.

Two types of taps. A soft one that alerts very close by zombies, but players can hear them.

A loud knock. example

Before I enter the house, I go in back and do a loud knock on the back door. The zombies respond and moan. They move to the sound. If far away, they are unlikely to attack the door. Soft knock has a 50 50 chance close by zombies attack the door.

I move to the front door as they investigate. Opening the door and ambushing the zombies before they can turn to attack.
    Knocking can be done on other objects.

2. Humanoid

Humanoid Nerd Backer

Dec 14, 2016
    Or we could just breach the house and kill everybody then fire 59 tomahawk missiles and drop a moab on the house.

Zedertone likes this.
  3. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    I think we might have voip in the alpha (I know, we have to ignore the progress log!), Would a knock still be worthwhile?
    Have you been playing Rust? LOL

4. cladriah

cladriah Survivor Backer

May 21, 2015
    Never played it.

5. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    I'd imagine hitting a surface with an object, throw a brick, hit a wall with a bat would just do the trick. But I'd also be up for a knock-knock action/emote when interacting with a door.

6. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    The reason I mentioned the game Rust is I believe it's also written using the Unity engine.
    I agree with @Num47 that sounds will be an important part of the game.
    The more we could get in to the game as it develops, the better :)

7. Hauger

Hauger Moderator Community Mod Backer

Apr 17, 2016
    I like this. Perfectly plausible in the current game universe regarding how the zeds work/act.