• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

LAN servers

Thread starter #1

Zacalog

I understand that online servers, and such will be renting, costing money. But I read a post on single player, and on the chance that there is that mode implemented into the game, possible Local games, as well? I'd love to play this game with just my friends and I, rather than someone whom I'm not acquainted with. If they can't have this in the game for reasons unknown, I understand, but I'm sure that others would agree with me that this would be an enjoyable aspect of the game.

XanderX

Survival tip #1 don't eat yellow snow
Backer
I was also thinking about that I want to set up a LAN server for me and my girlfriend :3

ADarkGerm

Total Head Count
Backer
LAN is the same as WAN in respect to communications.
It will use TCP/IP or maybe less reliable UDP/IP to make the client/server paradigm work.

In a local game the game client would act as server also using local IP address i.e. 192.168.*.* example range and not your IP address assigned by your ISP. Other local players on your private LAN would use their unique IP address and log in as normal to your game server.
External players could also join your private LAN with security and router set-up.

Unless these guys "DEV TEAM" are changing the client/server model!

$0.02 worth

ADarkGerm
interconnect

madogdan

Backer
Really needs to have SP of some sort, I backed this game in hopes that a SP option would be available as it was in he videos.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
From the FAQs -

'28. Will there be single player/Co-Op campaign?
No, but you can rent a private server if you want to play solo/only with friends (This is still the current thoughts of the Devs, but is not set in stone).'

There may also be free servers, so if you don't want to or can't afford to pay for a server, you may be able to do it at no cost. (This is still to be fully confirmed, and to what extent, how many free servers etc).

Obviously once server costs are known, if you have a group of friends who want to play STN, you could always split the cost and rent your own private server :)

Expect more concrete information, further into development.