• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Language Barrier in survival games solved... well maybe.

Thread starter #1

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Well at-least I think it's a good idea... a radial menu for vocals with the option to choose what language you hear, like the one used in the Battlefield games.

What do you think?

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
I haven't played Battlefield in aaaaaages! But if I had my language as Swedish, you would say 'Need Backup' for instance, and I would hear it in Swedish?

Good idea, but probably nearer the end of development, and the devs would have to find competent vocal talent to record all the phrases, in lots of languages :) (Maybe the community could assist?)

Davz Not Here

Backer
i wanna do voice acting ::sniffle::

Davz Not Here

Backer
Well at-least I think it's a good idea... a radial menu for vocals with the option to choose what language you hear, like the one used in the Battlefield games.

What do you think?

what if ..... you could incorporate something like 'duolingo' into this ..... not just translate it for people, but set it up so they learn some basic phrases from other languages in the process .....

Thread starter #7

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
what if ..... you could incorporate something like 'duolingo' into this ..... not just translate it for people, but set it up so they learn some basic phrases from other languages in the process .....
If this turns out to be educational, I am bailing on this idea...

Just joking, that's a cool idea :D

Davz Not Here

Backer

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Some of the in game gestures are pretty universal already -
  • Added /Wave and /FlipTheBird gestures that players can initiate via the chat. Short commands also works, for example - /Wave /wave /W /w all work for waving as well as /FTB /ftb /Finger /finger.

Thread starter #11

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Some of the in game gestures are pretty universal already -
  • Added /Wave and /FlipTheBird gestures that players can initiate via the chat. Short commands also works, for example - /Wave /wave /W /w all work for waving as well as /FTB /ftb /Finger /finger.
Indeed, but sometimes vocals are needed because while doing hand gestures, you ain't aiming your gun.

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
El taco esta en fuego!! > The taco is on fire!!
I agree, very useful!