• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Leather Jackets

Thread starter #1

Jey

I've seen leather jackets a few times in apocalypse situations like the raiders in dawn of the dead and Cholo from land of the dead (I like a lot of Romero XD), and leather has a few advantages being warm and hard to bite through and according to my old bike instructor they do however hold water REALLY well so they'd have the advantage of being warm and providing a level of protection but they'd take a while to dry out if you let them get too wet, I like the idea of both bike jacket style and the more home made leather armour styles (I've done a quick check of the forums and apparently nothing like this has been suggested, probably because it's obvious to everyone but me :p)

Leather Bike Jacket:
$_35.JPG

Medieval Leather Armour:
Armor-leather-02.png

Last edited:
Thread starter #3

Jey

I know right xD nah I knew it was from skyrim but I couldn't figure out what it was called :p

Thread starter #5

Jey

Ahh sweet, I didn't actually spend a lot of time in Riften so I didn't see the theives guild much ^.^

Moderator #6

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I like the black leather one, not so much the medieval style, but hey...

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Yeah, I agree with DemoCar I prefer the black jacket. But, I think it shouldn't be as shiny as the one in the pic lol after all its the apocalypse! :p

Thread starter #8

Jey

I prefer the black one aswell, the second one was more because it's on my computer and it felt worth adding, but yeah the black one makes more sense and just looks cooler in general, it's an apocalypse so throwing some tears and dirt at it couldn't hurt though! :p

Moderator #9

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
A hand-made one would be sweet, but only if you have to skin the animal, actually tan hide, have the appropriate crafting skill, and some type of sewing kit and such.

Something more along these lines:

Maybe DIY jacket, pants, boots, etc out of treated and sewn leather.

Thread starter #10

Jey

yeah thats the kinda vibe I was trying to go for with the last picture haha, home made leather made from the pelt / hide of animals, that also has an apocalypse feel to it aswell, it'd definitely need some skill to make hand made leather but I'm not sure how that'd be done as the devs wanted to go more towards practice makes perfect than a skill tree?