• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Leatherman

Thread starter #1

RaakaKarju

Backer
It was nice if game has some sort of multitool like leatherman, that isn't good as normal tool but you can job done anyway.
Using that multitool on grafting, grafting time is like double compared to normal tool or it has -50% durability or efectivnes.
Using it as can opener you get 75% of calories of can.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I think this is an excellent idea, something that can get a multitude of jobs done, but with a reduced success rate. IRL, there are two things I don't feel 'dressed' without wearing - a watch and a multitool. See me without either, and you'd better cover your eyes, because I'd be naked!

What functionality would this tool give us? My daily carry has a knife, flat head and cross head screwdrivers, a file, a set of mole grips/wire cutters, can opener and other gubbins. But would this be too hard to implement in to the game? It seems like a difficult thing to do to code one object for multiple purposes. How would you select a feature from it you wanted to use?

Thread starter #3

RaakaKarju

Backer
When using multitool is when you don't have correct tool in your backpack otherwise use "right" tool for job.

For me this mean that i have all proper tools in my fortificated house and when go looting have only multitool in backpack so can carry more rawmaterials or food back to base, and multitool used for just backup if looting round takes longer time than you have think of, so can open cans or make cleaning kits or what ever needs to graft.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I have to agree that a multi-purpose tool would help a great deal in game. Reducing your overall carrying weight while maintaining functionality would be a great benefit to a player.

I like the idea that using a multitool would take longer, and perhaps be less efficient than a bespoke tool. But is it too complicated to work in game?

Thread starter #5

RaakaKarju

Backer
Make own recipe for multitool whith own outcome, but i'm not programmer just user so can't say is that possibly do that way.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
So would we craft one, or a pickup? Probably easier to code as a pickup, but more interesting as a craftable item. As a for instance, let's pretend we've found a combat knife, a set of plyers, a flat head and crosshead screwdriver and have access to a workbench. With come additional kit and tools, could we make one?