• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Light/Hose timer

Thread starter #1

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
Light/Hose timers would be an invaluable tool for automating certain processes, and generally make life easier.

Light timers are generally used in indoor growing setups to automatically turn the power on/off to lights. They can be calibrated to turn on/off for set periods of time, or at certain times of the day. In-game, I imagine they could also be modded to work with a variety of electronics. Imagine having timers to turn on generators (as well as whatever is connected to said generator), or a timer that turns on a siren for a minute or two around night time, so you know when to get to your post.

Due to the relative complexity of such a timer, I imagine they would have to be an item you find, and not craft. With a decent amount skill points in some sort of mechanical/electrical engineering skill + basic tools, allowing them to be modded to work with a variety of electronics would make them pretty versatile.

Of course they could also be used for their intended purpose as well, helping automate indoor gardening etc.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Moderator #2

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I really do like these for watering gardens and such... and, maybe we could also incorporate these into timed improvised explosive traps.

Thread starter #3

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
I really do like these for watering gardens and such... and, maybe we could also incorporate these into timed improvised explosive traps.
For timed explosive traps of that nature, I could see classic kitchen timers used, the ones you wind up. This would be more for electronics with a constant power source. Great idea though! :D

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
id love to set timers maybe add them to the indoor plant item so dont always have to go turn them on like in the vid

Bcaskey04

Mr. Nice guy
Backer
I like the Siren part of it, would be useful but probably hard to get working in the game.

strategos2411

Survivor
Backer
Love the idea, especially taking the tedium out of gardening, hate doing my garden irl, never mind during the apocalypse.

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
They might attract zombies to your farm D:
When you are getting attacked by actual people and not Walkers it doesn't matter if a bomb goes off or some gun shots, these noises will not matter when the walkers come, it's actually possible that if you are in a base of defense or fortified house that you are staying in that the people attacking might be the ones in trouble so it could work out in your favor. Walkers don't matter when it comes to a battle between two teams of players, that just intensifies the battle and makes you want to survive that much more, I know this from experience. As should most who have played other survival games whether it be walkers, or mutants. These are the things that make a battle that much more. Just saying. I love battles that cause walkers to come, It makes for a good heart-pounding fight.

RickGrimes

.44 Magnum
Backer
Love the idea of timers! It would conserve gas for your generators too.
Yeah I agree, The timers could be nice, and like I have probably said more than enough times I love trip wires, also Proximity sensors is always a plus. Being able to blow someone up who just walks by a bomb you have placed is so beautiful. Maybe even Laser tripwire is a really good idea as well maybe a bit advanced for a survival game but definitely something to look forward to in a game that is based on fortifying and defending, surviving, etc.