• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

List of Clothes and Military Gear.

Thread starter #1
Here's a list of Clothing, Civilian and Military Graded alike, that i think would be good to add into the game:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raincoat:
Stats:
Reduced chance of catching disease in cold weather -%20
+%20 More Visible at night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghillie Suit:
+%80 Camoflauge in the day.
+%15 Vulnerability to weapons on wearer
----------------------------------------------------------
Bulletproof Vest: Civilian Grade:
+%40 Resistance to Small firearms.
+%15 Vulnerability to Melee on wearer
--------------------------------------------------------
T-Shirt:
Colours: Red, Orange, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink ect.
-%5 Chance of catching disease in cold weather
Can be torn into Rags
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jeans:
Just a pair of old jeans.
------------------------------------------------------
Military Graded Bulletproof Armour:
+%60 Resistance against Large firearms
+%80 Resistance against Small firearms
(NOTE: Make This item Pretty rare.)
----------------------------------------------------------
a2z Intractive T-Shirt:
(This could be some sort of Easter Egg Shirt.)
+%50 Swag
With the same attributes as the normal T-Shirt.
-------------------------------------------------------------
These are a few items that would be cool in-game.

DavidLeon1

Backer
Nice ideas! I would love to see these to be put into Stn. Especially the military Grade Bulletproof vest and the Civilian bulletproof vest.

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
The devs have already stated that military gear will not be found in this game.

Knight_Lite

Backer
To be fair basic military clothing can be brought in high street shops, so it not hard to come by (There some near me and I live in one of the most rural parts of England).
Like the rain coat for avoiding wet issues.
But most of these things should not give anything more than a visual preference, bonus's to combat abilities only will lead to unbalance and kos issues.

Bouncer

Deep Thinker
Backer
i like makeshift armor, much more believeable

PHONE BOOK + DUCT TAPE =

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
what would +80% camouflage mean? And why would bulletproof vest make you more vulnerable to melee attacks

NovaSniper

Backer
You'd be less mobile in the upper torso area
that didn't answer any of my questions, what does mobility have to do with camouflage or melee damage

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
that didn't answer any of my questions, what does mobility have to do with camouflage or melee damage
How did that not? You would be less mobile. Hence why you would be venerable to melee damage. Have you ever put on body armor? Stuff is constrictive. And i'm guessing the Camouflage would be how likely you are to be spotted by zambies and wildlife

NovaSniper

Backer
How did that not? You would be less mobile. Hence why you would be venerable to melee damage. Have you ever put on body armor? Stuff is constrictive. And i'm guessing the Camouflage would be how likely you are to be spotted by zambies and wildlife
I have worn body armor and it wasnt very restrictive.

Davod Chavis

Grade A Zombie Killer
It is when you attempt to get into melee combat with it. Its bulky, heavy. You get tired quick after throwing rounds with the guy/zombie

TheClassiness

@NovaSniper

Okay, then don't think of it realistically. Think of it gameplay-wise. How unfair would it be for a bunch of armored bandits to run at you, and since they're just as fast as you, you can't run away? If they even had a slight movement reduction (based on the quality and material used of course) it would balance things out nicely. Maybe not giving you a fighting chance against them, but at least give you the option of running away.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
well i mean i think there will be at least one returning veteran coming home that has brought all the gear he could and who knows maybe that includes a bit a military equipment

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
@TheClassiness some bring souvenirs and i'm sure they bring other things plus i know there could be military surplus stores around the island

Knight_Lite

Backer
Imo all these over complex ideas are the white rabbit the dayz team chased, the silly amount of extra coding and bugs it involves only makes development longer and more vulnerable to fail.
The best ideas are usually the simplest, I want a gun a zombie and the survival, not a dayz over complex system that doomed from start

refuseresist

Backer
@castroTheMexican Don't veterans usually just bring home their medals and their uniform, not a bunch of military grade guns and ammo? o.o
Depends what war we are talking about. WW2 brought in a lot of Mausers, Mosin-Nagants, Springfields and the like to most of participant countries. Gun control was lax at the time and the weapons can still be found in private ownership, still functioning, but without any licences or legality.

Unless you were sarcastic, then totally. Bride, honour and patriotism.

Bouncer

Deep Thinker
Backer
@castroTheMexican Don't veterans usually just bring home their medals and their uniform, not a bunch of military grade guns and ammo? o.o
uh....no

and i could see movement restrictions for ballistic armor, but it shouldn't be a weakness against melee damage, That's speaking from a realism standpoint. but in the light of balancing armor types, its understandable.

speaking of military equipment, there are two types of plates, ceramic and steel (the steel has an anti-spall coating or rubber about 1/4 inch thick.) whats interesting is that I can pick out disadvantages for either. Ceramic plates are bulkier, I think about a half inch to 3/4 inch thick, but they are also suseptable to breaking, like if you fell on a rock at a bad angle, you could chip a corner off of a plate, I would think this could be implemented by decreseing a cermamic plates effectiveness after a fall or being shot. the steel plates on the other hand, they are much thinner, but heavier, also if they are hit, they make a Gong sounds which could be implemented by an audible sound in game, maybe attracting more zeds?

food for thought