• Hello Guest,

Alpha v1.0 has been released on Steam! Bug reports can be made using our new in-game bug reporting system. Please consider joining our Discord if you need assistance.

-The team at a2z(Interactive);

Local chat only

Thread starter #1

[BDG] Triikor

Backer
I've seen from stress test videos that the game has a server wide chat.

To me and I'm sure many others would agree that server wide chat in survival games is horrible. It breeds KOS and childish drama which from what I've been reading is not what this game is aiming for.

Removing server chat would bring a very intense feel to the game, and make every player encounter nerve racking.

Please consider this

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I'm in favour of server wide chat. I think it would help bring the community together when playing the game.
I believe we'll have VOIP and walkie talkies for shorter range communication in the Alpha stage of release.
I haven't played other multi-player online games for quite a while, so I have to bow to your experience here.

If removing server chat improves everyone's immersion in the game, then I'm in agreement. But I'd prefer to see it as an option that players or server admins can control. Give the players the choice.

Darkstar 影

Lone Survivor
Backer
Personally I want it as both a Server admin control as well as a player control. You should definitely be able to toggle it off, if it isn't off by default. Also keep in mind it was necessary during stress tests since it was stress tests and people needed to communicate in order to efficiently bug hunt and test the game, so it might now actually be planned as a feature.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
https://gyazo.com/cb993625515da47d6b1127e669676a5b

I think it's local chat only now since they added the radio/walkie-talkie... you have one of them and you can global chat to another player who has one... I think so but not entirely sure tbh.

VOIP is also in (but still not complete).

Although the change-log has not been updated, the basics are in and stuff is thought about.