1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Progress Lock passcode incorrect

Discussion in 'Bugs & Issues' started by Dyeroth, May 12, 2018.

1. Dyeroth

Dyeroth New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Have 4 locks on my door. Settled in for the night. Morning came and I tried to leave but it said all of my passcode were incorrect. Def a bug. I’m sure someone didn’t sneak up there and change my locks in the middle of the night lol. Now I’m locked in my base

2. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    Oh noe that's not too good mate. Mods? Devs? Any known bugs on door locks?

3. Dyeroth

Dyeroth New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    It’s been happening lately. Maybe the past 2 weeks. Never has it done it when I was hunkered down for the night and stayed in game.

4. M A N

M A N Member Backer

Jul 3, 2017
    Oh god, I hope that's a really rare case, or someone did this to you on purpose.

The valuables inside my base are behind a grand total of 16 Locks...

5. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    Its possible the locks have reset. Try setting them to 0000 and opening. If not their either bugged or someones brute force hacked your locks, they guessed them.

6. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    Lol i would too, it seems locks are going to become something of a challenge to griefers and trolls alike. Someone might even become a professional STN lock cracker. How many 4 digit combinations can you try in a day of gaming lol.

7. Dyeroth

Dyeroth New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    I have tried setting them back to 000 but doesn’t work. I am positive it’s a bug. This time I was still in game. They would have to go thru 3 locks on the bottom floor and 4 locks on the apt door. Hacking it at night without me noticing would be impossible. I have thought it was possible the other times it happened bc I would be logged out for a couple days at a time. Now, I know it’s a bug.

8. RickGrimesdd

RickGrimesdd Survivor Backer

Apr 29, 2016
    i havent had this happen i have like 15 doors locked with max on each door all a shit load of cabinets perhaps you forgot the code

OhDemGames likes this.
  9. OhDemGames

OhDemGames Oh so pretty oh so pretty Community Mod Backer

Jun 19, 2017
    I have tested this a little and was unable to get anywhere with it was there anything you might have been doing at the time to cause it?

Edit - Changed this to In progress forgot to add that to my post

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    RickGrimesdd likes this.
  10. Dyeroth

Dyeroth New Member

Apr 10, 2018
    Nope...I use the same code.

11. DZS

DZS Survivor Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    Can you start another game and test it in that? Recreate what you did that resulted in your locks not working. Ideally the same house and door if you can find it. Whilst it'll take time, it would be a good indicator of a bug. I imagine this bug report will stay open for sometime. It could be a rare bug.

If anyone else experiences this please add your report to this thread that'll help track down the problem if one exists faster.