• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Locked Container Explosive Trap

Thread starter #1

Zane

Backer
Thought it would be a cool idea if you could set up some traps inside loot boxes in case someone happened on your stuff while you weren't around. For example, an air horn trap that would not only alert you but also any Zombies walking around. Or maybe a tripwire poison dart to incapacitate the thief. Of course, the owner of the loot box wouldn't activate the trap when they open it up, or else it would become pretty tedious having to disarm and rearm it every time you open/close it. To make it more fair, it would be one of the later trap building skills. The thief can also detect and disarm it if their skill is high enough.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
Well with something like that whats to stop people from placing tons of these around good loot spots or just in random places then bam you out cold in the middle of no where while you were searching a wrecked car and no one can help

NovaSniper

Professional Argonian Badass
Backer
i like the idea of having traps inside of the loot boxes 1+ from me

Thread starter #4

Zane

Backer
Well with something like that whats to stop people from placing tons of these around good loot spots or just in random places then bam you out cold in the middle of no where while you were searching a wrecked car and no one can help
Well I'm talking about loot that is identified as belonging to someone else and not random loot spots. Actually, what if the devs put in a system where you can register a house/mobile home as your base?

When someone enters the area near the house, they will receive an alert that this house is owned by someone(maybe even a personalized message from the owner too) and everything within reasonable distance of their base belongs to them. And any loot boxes in that area would be the kind of stuff you could put traps in. And to prevent one person from owning a large area, each person can officially own one house, which will become unregistered when the owner dies.

Cole Polen

Backer
Well I'm talking about loot that is identified as belonging to someone else and not random loot spots. Actually, what if the devs put in a system where you can register a house/mobile home as your base?

When someone enters the area near the house, they will receive an alert that this house is owned by someone(maybe even a personalized message from the owner too) and everything within reasonable distance of their base belongs to them. And any loot boxes in that area would be the kind of stuff you could put traps in. And to prevent one person from owning a large area, each person can officially own one house, which will become unregistered when the owner dies.
You defiantly should not receive an alert, only hear a horn if they open a door, as long as you were close enough. I find the idea of side chat and messages unfun and ruins the reality of the game. Also if they did a trap that set off to everyone but you, that would be unrealistic. They could some how add a disarm ability, but them agian you might set it off and you will have to have materials to reset it. Thanks for the ideas though

Cole Polen

Backer

Id also like to add. No one really owns anything in a game like this. They only have what is on their back. Storing stuff in your current house is not 100% yours because someone could sneak in and steal everything or fortify the building you were occupying. Taking everything from you except what you had on your back :)

jakejakereal

Mature Adult
Backer
Items Needed:
1 gunpowder
1 metal wire
1 can
5 nails

Tools Needed:
screwdriver

Information:
It is armed simply by attaching the metal wire to the inside lid of the container and placing the bomb inside the container. It is activated by a certain amount of force applied to lid, snapping the wire activating the bomb. It can be bypassed by be either someone having the key to the container or by having a good lock picking skill (I am not sure as to how the skills will be implemented so I am just guessing).

Item Description:
If you are going out and are worried about thief's going through your stash of loot you simply arm one of these and put it in your container of choice. If someone forces the container open, the metal wire will snap and thus activating the trap, blasting the unsuspecting intruder with a face full of nails.

Lt Snake X

ParaMedic
Backer
maybe with adding traps on crate have the ability to damage your goods that are inside too i dont mean completely destroy but add like some durability loss so kinda like pro and cons of trapping your storage containers... fyi i believe this has been posted before in another thread idk if it was moved over though yet