• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Logging camp

Thread starter #1

RamRod11Bang

- Rah, kill. -
Backer
An outdoor logging camp in the forest would provide great atmospherics and allow for some interesting encounters. Imagine trying to navigate between piles of stacked timber only to come across a small group blocking your escape.

There would be cranes and excavators around the camp as well as single wide construction trailers and a pickup truck with a construction company logo on the doors.

There would be plenty of chances to find an axe or a sledgehammer as well as a chainsaw if it is ever implemented.

It would help the overall feel if there was an abandoned rail line going through the camp with an old train rusting in its spot within the camp. All of this could be positioned near a high rail bridge extending over a deep valley where a wreck of train cars and timber lay at the bottom.

Moderator #2

DemoCar82

This is it... the apocalypse.
Community Mod
Backer
I like the idea of a logging camp, especially in the rural island environment.

Some of what you mentioned would maybe fit in better at a small sawmill style area, rather than at a logging camp itself.

I think it would be very immersive to have piles of logs, maybe a log skidder or two, axes/chainsaw in the area like you mentioned, in the area have already stumped trees, maybe have felled trees on the ground already also.

I work at an actual logging company, so I really like this idea... good call.

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer

Some of what you mentioned would maybe fit in better at a small sawmill style area, rather than at a logging camp itself.

I think it would be very immersive to have piles of logs, maybe a log skidder or two, axes/chainsaw in the area like you mentioned, in the area have already stumped trees, maybe have felled trees on the ground already also.

Skidders we can drive perhaps??? :D

Thread starter #4

RamRod11Bang

- Rah, kill. -
Backer

Yes, a sawmill would be better suited for some of that stuff. Maybe the rail line could lead from a logging camp and a few kilometers away there could be a sawmill. I would love to have an opportunity to hide out in a train car keeping an ear out for every noise in the forest.

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer
Yes, a sawmill would be better suited for some of that stuff. Maybe the rail line could lead from a logging camp and a few kilometers away there could be a sawmill. I would love to have an opportunity to hide out in a train car keeping an ear out for every noise in the forest.
Boarding up a train car to live in :O Then being able to push/pull it down the tracks with the skidders :p

Moderator #6

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
I wouldn't go as far as actual train cars, more just flatbeds for hauling logs...

I wouldn't imagine an island having it's own railway system with actual train cars/engines and such.

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer
I wouldn't go as far as actual train cars, more just flatbeds for hauling logs...

I wouldn't imagine an island having it's own railway system with actual train cars/engines and such.
Im hoping in the future we can have multiple islands, how big is the map at the moment and how big is it planned to be? (im thinking 64km2 but that seems way to big)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like this and whats been discussed so far... I see something like this fitting in with the aesthetic of the Island very much. It would make one of those good POI on the island for people to control and or fight over.

Moderator #9

DemoCar82

Community Mod
Backer
Im hoping in the future we can have multiple islands, how big is the map at the moment and how big is it planned to be? (im thinking 64km2 but that seems way to big)
The stress test map I believe is 6km square... the entire map I believe is more 64km square yet. And not sure yet, but they make additional islands to "drop" into the game, but that will be a while later in development I'm sure.

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer
Ah thanks, well for comparison im pretty sure the dayz map is 14km square. 64 sounds like an INSANE size. Surely that would warrant a train line??

Sam00197

Sam '00197' Monahan
Backer
I believe DayZ SA is 225km square actually.

ah ok, so many different answers for it everywhere so I went for the most common one. That does make a lot more sense but still means an awesomely big map ;D