• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Loot de-spawn

Thread starter #1

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I was interested to see in the latest dev-blog https://community.survivethenights....evblog-20-player-loot-rv-update-design.10691/ that zombies and players will now both drop loot. The reply from @JB_ that there is a timer on how long loot is available before disappearing shows the team @a2z(Interactive); are not rushing the games development, but focusing on a fully rounded game.
Excellent! It's what we all want, I'm sure.

But it raises a few questions ...

Is the timer adjustable by a server admin, or hard coded?
Are there separate timers for, as examples, player dropped loot or zombie dropped loot?
What if I'm trying to build up a stash of goodies in a building, will they disappear over time, or if I don't log in to the same server for a certain period?
If I'm working with other players to build up a base of operations, how does this effect any de-spawn timer?

Thread starter #2

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
I logged on earlier today to the official EU2 experimental server. It's one I normally play on. It had been a couple of days, but the little farmhouse North of Sage Creek I log off in was missing all the loot I'd left there. Looted? That's fine. De-spawned? Server reset? Those are questions I'd like to know.
If we get a server reset with an update, that's all well and good. Or if servers go to more default settings from time to time to make them more efficient/help with memory losses/back end driver issues/whatever, then that's all good for the game as well.
My beef is the lack of visibility with loot de-spawning or server resets.
Yes, we can read the Dev. blog, but how does that effect the official servers?

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
As far as I am aware loot that is placed by you will not despawn, not sure if a server restart effects this or not tbh. Also you are placing the loot after dropping it?... i.e picking it up with "E" and placing where you wanted.

Thread starter #4

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Sometimes I just drop loot, sometimes I use the shift+button to place it, slower to do, doesn't seem to have any effect on if it's there next time I log in, apart from I can place loot on shelves I can't collect it from again!

Thread starter #5

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Can we get a little update on de-spawn timers, please?

I make my location public, But either I keep getting raided, or everything is getting de-spawned.

DZS

Mammoth
Backer
Can we get a little update on de-spawn timers, please?

I make my location public, But either I keep getting raided, or everything is getting de-spawned.
I rather tend to think its much more likely things have been getting de-spawned. A number of campfire's noticed they vanished intermittently after placing.

Thread starter #7

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
How does this play out in the long run? I'd managed to get a plank nailed on to a window frame, not a great achievement, but my first fortification. Logged in the next day, and it had gone.