• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Looting dead zombie corpses, and humans.

Thread starter #1

KasperKILLER

The God of survival
Backer
There should be a way where you could loot the human body and zombie body for their wallets, like to see drivers license and such, would just be cool to see who and what the player name was, instead of having something popping ontop of your screen saying" you've killed xxkillerxx"

Graham

The One You Should Avoid In Multiplayer Games
Backer
This Idea Is A Must, How Else Will I Be Able To Kill A Fresh Spawn And Take His Brand New Blue-Swade Shoes!
gr.jpg

Last edited:

James2113

Building Communities One Headshot at a time
Backer
There should be a way where you could loot the human body and zombie body for their wallets, like to see drivers license and such, would just be cool to see who and what the player name was, instead of having something popping ontop of your screen saying" you've killed xxkillerxx"
Didn't i tell you that it would be a great idea to post :)

Mitch

King
Backer
I think it's a nice feature and it sure would not hurt anyone or anything to have it in in my opinion.

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
and maybe, JUST MAYBE go for something more savage like bones and stuff? never know if you could make something usefull of bones?
Offcourse it would damage your mental health

XRAY Actual

Backer
I won't make a second post since this relates to looting, but an idea that comes from The Walking Dead (game).

You should create zombies that have a state of decay, the zombies who have been recently turned (and a lessened decay state) have more loot since they are recently deceased survivors. While those who have been decaying over time are seen as one of the first to turn and have less loot since they only had what was equipped before the apocolypse.

Emperor

Survivor
Backer
Zombies should drop loot, they were all people once probably had some stuff in their pockets. :p
Will some Zombies also hold melee weapons to attack us with? As you said.. they were people once and maybe died with an axe, shovel, hammer or you name it in their hands.

MrPhysicalSky

Just Clouding Away
Backer
Will some Zombies also hold melee weapons to attack us with? As you said.. they were people once and maybe died with an axe, shovel, hammer or you name it in their hands.
Not to be a smart ass on the field of zombie stuff but, i don't think that zombies are on even the primal stage of the evolution, so they won't even know what a tool/weapon is, let alone use it for anything
They are savage beasts, nothing else

JB_

Developer
Developer
Not to be a smart ass on the field of zombie stuff but, i don't think that zombies are on even the primal stage of the evolution, so they won't even know what a tool/weapon is, let alone use it for anything
They are savage beasts, nothing else
We have to agree, don't think they should be armed. They're zombies they don't need weapons.

JB_

Developer
Developer

XRAY Actual

Backer
We have to agree, don't think they should be armed. They're zombies they don't need weapons.
Absolutely. Theoretically if there were zombies, they would in fact be in the most primal instinctive state of a human. Survival is the top and only priority.
Nothing else is a necessity. Just imagine it as if every hormone in your body was switched to adrenaline and you had a constant, if not incremental, flow of it xD

SwagadorDali

MR BONES SAYS THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
Backer
I like this idea. Players should have some sort of identification on their person (unless they decide to drop their wallet, or whatever it ends up being!), I agree that there shouldn't be death messages, but rather a way of identifying the deceased player + cause of death in a way that doesn't take away from the immersion.

I don't know if you meant that zombies should have identification on their corpses too, but I'm going to assume you did because it gave me an idea. The devs have this enormous list of all us backers, that they intend to put in the credits of the game... Let's be honest, who's gonna sit there and watch credits roll? Maybe us, just to see our names once? What if the devs were to use our names for the ID that could be found on the bodies? I think that would be cool, I'd love to kill a zombie to find out I just killed my undead self. :D

Survivor

"I'm gonna give him an offer he can't refuse."
Backer
Very nice idea! Would be a great touch to add to the game. I would like to see this in the future!