• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Mailboxes and notes/Letters

To have mail boxes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread starter #1

Aj Roesel

Lt General cody503
Backer
Well I just though what if you could write notes or just get a piece of paper and after you write on it. You could put it in a mail box or In a store on a counter

When they see the letter it could be very useful or even a warning.

Need Ideas from the people to make this game even better

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
DayZ did this and it turned out really bad. People were not nice!

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
So your saying ignore the failures of other games?

Finndawg

El Sobreviviente
Backer
you dont get it. Just because another game fails at it doesnt mean this game will.

You dont have faith in anything.

And of course you would say no
It's not a matter of faith, the internet is full on people who would abuse and make this a form of bullying.

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
you dont get it. Just because another game fails at it doesnt mean this game will.

You dont have faith in anything.

And of course you would say no
Why would I say no?

Why would we have mailboxes? Would we just carry it around and place it wherever we were for the night? How about some more details that someone can go off instead of a vague idea where people will just happen upon a mailbox that the don't even know who it belongs to. All you have said is what DayZ did which turned into such a fiasco they hot fixed it away.

TheLatinoPope

Generic NPC #42
Backer
Also, if it fails it should not be to hard to remove the mail boxes. I don't understand people who get insulted in a video game, its just a sad lonely kid whose mom doesn't love him so he takes his anger out on random people :p

Fallen Angel

Backer
again I have to agree with Finndawg :) the internet is full of people who are having bad manners and will try to abuse every system developers try to implement. But is this a reason for not implementing great features? I'd say no... just implement more private servers with admins who pays for the services and give them the powers to kick/ban people who are trying to abuse game systems and such kind. Yes... what about the public official servers? Well that's a problem and every server should get some moderators who are watching things while they are online. Not a 100 % secure method... but at least something. But the ability to warn people to enter a building by writing "Beware... zombies inside" would be a great idea in my opinion. There are so many things people can do by writing on walls or in letters and it would be more realistic to see messages from other survivors too, wouldn't it?

writing on walls with pencil and color ---> yes
writing letters and drop them into into a building --> yes
sending letters around the world ---> no :) not very realistic