• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Makeshift Machete

Thread starter #1

Mongoose

Backer
Don't think I've seen this in the game yet (and if I have, I've forgotten :p) but I was thinking about making a scrap machete. Or maybe a full on machete. Very simple to make one, but perhaps this one could be made of scrap, rusted iron? Blunt the handle and wind a load of cloth around it, then sharpen the pokey stabby part.
If you had access to the tools, you could legit just get two pieces of wood and drill 2 screws through them with the blade in between. That's basically a machete that you can buy from a shop already.

(Late night and I'm shattered so I just threw this all together)

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
I like it, simple and effective for some time.

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
A nice simple and effective melee weapon you could craft from what you should be able to find lying around.
I like this.

Who's This Pleb

Future Ophthalmologist
Backer
Absolutely a good idea. It shouldn't be as durable or as damaging as a 'normal' machete would be, but still brutally effective and easier to make.

Plus, who doesn't love hacking somebody to pieces with a crudely-fashioned melee weapon?

Dr. J

Survivor
Backer
Thread starter #9

Mongoose

Backer
That looks bloody amazing. Better than my idea of a rusted chunk of sharpness XD

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
I'm kind of partial to a lawn mower blade machete. :p

I take back what I said... that would last a good while and is a MUST HAVE!

YuNoGuy123

Part of the gucci gang
Backer
well i mean, it would probably last a good amount of time, due to well, if it was made of a lawn mower blade, it would be pretty durable. Considering that a lot of lawn mower blades are made of steel.

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
Considering this is a machete thread and I can't be bothered looking for the right place at the moment because I don't think I'll find it...

Now that brush can slow us down, it sure would be nice to cut it down in the future :)

Thread starter #13

Mongoose

Backer
Hey, that's a pretty good idea in itself. Maybe also hack small branches from trees to make use of with the shotgun trap or maybe sharpen into a spear.

On a side note, I want to see what a long stick with rotating blades and machetes strapped to them would feel like to swing at something XD