• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

malayan gate

M_Dawg

Officially Awesome
Backer
So what would this be made out of?

What tools would you need?

Bchhog

Avid Supporter
Backer
Reading the title I was thinking to myself, what was that one trap Rambo used? Haha I think it would be interesting though the knowledge of it should be pretty rare to come by.

castroTheMexican

CastroTheMexican
Backer
Think like Rambo? Your mental health is already gone lol
hey, he got the job done and made it look badass XD

Num47

Sexual Tyrannosaurus
Backer
What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
*Has flashbacks of Nam*
I had prayed to God that this thing was fiction...

If your going after zeds with this you'd need a spike in the position of where its head would be at impact or that zed could just pull itself off that and keep on walking... a human well, you'll either be immobilized and bleed to death or die straight away so the spike wont matter... would love to see this in-game.

BirdBlackbird

Backer
Looks like a great trap. I wonder if they already knew about this one, or if they might consider adding it after seeing this XD

Montauk

Test Subject
Backer
I love this idea! You really don't see this kind of basic trap in games. I think if this kind of trap is implemented, a player should have multiple options (3 max?) as far as the height of the trap when placing it:
  • Head height: Instant death to players & zombies (a player could avoid death if crouched when triggering the trap)
    • Pro: Guaranteed Death to intruders (players & zombies)
    • Con: Potentially easier to spot for players, can be avoided if crouched
  • Chest height: Likely instant death or near-instant to players due to hitting vital organs (lungs, heart, etc.), reasonable chance not to kill a zombie & chance it will get "stuck" on the trap.
    • Pro: More difficult to detect (easier to conceal with brush), Nearly guaranteed death to players, results in instant kill if player is crouched.
    • Con: Small chance not to kill players (if standing), chance not to kill zombies (50/50?)
  • Knee height: Players take damage & become crippled with slower movement speed (possibly forced to crouch & unable to jump until healed up), zombies become "crawlers" (go prone and crawl around with their arms).
    • Pro: Most difficult to detect, cripples players & zombies
    • Con: Typically does not result in a kill.

Last edited: