1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Man i feel sorry for those unsung story backers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by We gotz purple stuff :T, Aug 5, 2017.

1. We gotz purple stuff :T

We gotz purple stuff :T Senpai Backer

Aug 13, 2014
    Can't imagine what they felt when they got the news when playdek was giving their game to a different game developers. It says allot for kick starting games, its just a big gamble with people's money and trust. Lesson learn, be careful on how much you give to a kickstarter game or at least ask serious questions if your still uncomfortable about it. We don't know what goes down when the money is given, we don't know what goes behind development or the funds being used. Hell i don't blame anyone for not wanting to back games on kickstarter. All im saying is that from all this, just be careful who you give your money to.

Edit, Heres whats going on.http://kotaku.com/a-timeline-of-unsung-story-one-of-the-biggest-kickstar-1797466457

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    maniacshooter, Ebbi and Num47 like this.
  2. xWilbor

xWilbor Member Backer

Jun 2, 2017
    what exactly happened?

3. Darkstar 影

Darkstar 影 Lone Survivor Backer

Jun 4, 2017
    After many months of development the unsung story developers left the game and handed it off to another small gaming company, one who's past games consists of.... Barbie Dreamhouse?

Ebbi and We gotz purple stuff :T like this.
  4. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Hey there @We gotz purple stuff :T , what's gone wrong?
    I've been 'burnt' on crowdfunding sites before, badly! Money lost, pledges unfulfilled.
    STN might still fail, but I believe in the team @a2z(Interactive); I think they want to bring all of us "the game they want to play".
    So I'll stick with this game, because I believe in the team. I trust them. I think they want to give us a game. Couple that with the mods. and the community and we can't fail (!)

Ebbi and Num47 like this.
  5. NightCrawler

NightCrawler New Member Backer

Aug 4, 2017
    How do we learn to walk?
    If you don't take chances in life you don't do anything. When all is said and done we don't regret the things we've done, just the things we didn't do.
    Take a chance and if it fails, take another. That's what makes life worth living.

Ebbi likes this.
  6. JB_

JB_ Developer Staff Member Developer

Jul 25, 2014
    LOL! ffs man what the heck is wrong with people?!

7. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    Although you are right, I think the point here is... people fund/back a vision they all like the look/thought of, the new developers obviously won't create the same product as their vision will be different.

STN for example is the only thing I've backed (pre purchased), I have backed this title and contributed some stuff not just because I like the zombie survival genre. But that their vision is the exact same one I have (any many others too), If I was to go about in creating one and I want it and them too succeed in this game... pun intended :D

I am not one to normally care or bother aswell.

And if a(2)z was to pass STN to someone else, I know for certain things would change and the outcome will not be the same.

But that won't happen, long live a(2)z!

NightCrawler, JB_ and Dr. J like this.
  8. We gotz purple stuff :T

Aug 13, 2014
    Ebbi and Num47 like this.
  9. Ebbi

Ebbi Zed Head Backer

May 24, 2015
    Oh man, I remember being interested in unsung story but deciding to buy pizza instead and back it another time but ended up forgetting. Good ol' pizza, never regret purchasing it. I backed STN on a whim because I loved what I read about the vision for the game. Man, I haven't been around for quite some time but every time I come back I remember why I backed it to begin with. Its a shame not all kickstarter games can have the staying power but I guess thats the nitty gritty.

Num47 likes this.
  10. NightCrawler

NightCrawler New Member Backer

Aug 4, 2017
    I want to see them succeed too Num47 and it's a rare thing indeed that their vision and yours are the one and same.

I've backed many games and will back as many in the future as I can afford, if they share some value with the gaming community and I would like to play them.

Num47 likes this.
  11. DZS

DZS ᛋᛏᛟᚱᛗᚱᚨᚴᛖᚱ Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    Like all of you im prepared for the project to fail, look at whats happening with Starcitizen, funding has slowed alot of people are getting refunds and they had to take out a loan to ensure development kept ticking along smoothly. Not all that strange in business but yeah its not a great sign when a company needs to start borrowing money.

One thing is for sure these guys are honest and passionate about what their doing, it pains me to say that because there was another person who believed in the same thing 'Zag' yet every man and his dog called him a hopeless criminal. The starting's of that project were less controversial rather quite positive. Shit can and does happen with games development it is the nature of the business, hopefully it doesn't happen with STN.

Im going to post shortly about David Tse, shit certainly happend with him in a sad way :/, i feel its time to let people know.

- i think once STN is released on steam the only way will be forwards providing the guys don't run into any major road blocks as can happen in development atleast theres somewhat of a mature section of the community to help them out.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    Num47 likes this.
  12. ld-airgrafix

ld-airgrafix Survivor Backer

Feb 4, 2015
    I lost $50 on my first kickstarter, i dont support anything on kickstarter anymore

Sneakydude likes this.
  13. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    I completely understand, but you did fund STN as a kickstarter indirectly. Did you know you could get a refund? no because you and i both kickstarted this project. What other games have you invested in? we don't really get our money back on.

I think we forget this, and kickstarter is not suppose to be a cheating system to get scammed. It is used to help projects develop and give us a final product... but that being said there is a huge gamble. The same said ordering a pizza.... hehe

We do forget Airgrafix, that we want the best for things we back.

Example.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/1588672538/created
    They pulled kickstarter funding and went direct to the public and searched their own funding. Private investors was the way to really go, but there may come a time they need us to help fund another part of the game. Its expensive, gamble yes, completely 100%

Not all kickstarter projects work out at all, but we have to try since many smaller firms are struggling to make ends meat with little to no investors.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  14. We gotz purple stuff :T

Aug 13, 2014
    What was the project?

15. ld-airgrafix

ld-airgrafix Survivor Backer

Feb 4, 2015
    I was working on a western comic book with a guy, his other project, another comic book was doing quite well, the art was simply amazing, i supported him in that project. He well surpassed his goal, and then just went quiet. Deleted me from facebook, which i thought was quite odd. On kickstarter people were raising concerns. I wasnt the only one. He never paid any artists he promised, just disappeared.
    Weird thing is, the book was gathering quite a following, even movie rights were being discussed. Im friends with him on Steam, he logs in everynow and then, doesnt reply to msgs. Im not asking for my money back, maybe an apology would be nice.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darkersho/r-u-i-n

16. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    Yeah sometimes we win or lose. Box of pizza, don't let them all get you down though.

17. DZS

DZS ᛋᛏᛟᚱᛗᚱᚨᚴᛖᚱ Backer

Jul 12, 2017
    Oh man its just the worst when things like that happen. Ive given Allgraf who made Darkout so much shit he chooses to remain silent and let his lacky do the talking 'CM'. He just up and left the game oneday people knew the company was having money problems. There was no post about closing the project down nothing and the CM keeps prattling this story about a port to unity being worked on for more than the last year which now is starting to wear a bit thin.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/257050/discussions/0/1471967615845042130/

Its a really good game would of been the best platform crafter on steam and it got half way completed then pushed out of early access which in its self was scum baggy then to add injury they released a bunch of cards just to try and net a few sales.

Zaggith once said "There's alot of fake people in this industry" and hes quite right.