1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May we play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boris the Butcher, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Boris the Butcher

Boris the Butcher Member Backer

Dec 12, 2015
    I've read Every post on this forum. If the game is even semi playable should turn it loose to us backers. We can find many unanticipated bugs for you to fix and can generate hype. Pubg only gonna be hot for a few months you guys gotta slip it in there or at least start generating hype. I've messed around with unreal and know the task at hand I just think itd be good on all fronts to release to backers

TheLostPotater likes this.
  2. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Oh no, here we go again ...
    The oven is pre-heated, and I've rather enjoyed basting myself ... It must be "roasting time!".
    Please bear with me @Boris the Butcher .
    I don't know what experience you have with software development for the mass market. I'm impressed you've dabbled with a version of the Unreal engine, though... I have far too much experience with software development (as a 'bystander') myself.
    You can have an idea. You can work on it. It seems OK.
    But then you let it out 'in to the wild'.
    That's when you start to find the real issues. Suddenly you've got people who don't fully understand how to use your software using it. Well, that's why we had the stress testing.
    The team went back to the drawing board, working on the bugs that had been reported, honing the game.
    Would you like to play an unplayable game?
    Would you enjoy it?
    Yes, there might still be some issues when the game comes to its alpha state.
    You probably 'get where I'm coming from'.
    Scaling any software for mass market deployment (especially anything that is internet connected) adds another level of complexity!
    I don't think you'll have to wait too much longer - well I think we're all hoping that's the case!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Sneakydude and Num47 like this.
  3. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    Your a backer? maybe you need to get your tags updated. I thought you would have read that post since you went through the threads, you would have noticed you need to PM JB for a tag.

In case you forgotten,

https://www.survivethenights.net/pre-order

Dr. J likes this.
  4. OmniOOveride

OmniOOveride Member Backer

Jan 31, 2017
    Just be patient everyone PLEASE......

They are working amazingly and are going to release something the backers can all test and enjoy ASAP - it will be worth the wait.

Dr. J and Montauk like this.
  5. Sneakydude

Sneakydude Survivor Backer

Jul 24, 2016
    Really just one person asking here lol, the rest of us are waiting. I don't want the dev team rushed at all. I have my reasons, and usually means it is better to do it right the first time, less stress on the testers and most of all the devs. Plus we can never forget about the Mods here, they will have a huge influx of bad mouths, soon enough. All we can do to help the mods is point those in the right direction.

Just to play it? well some act like it is the third coming in all video games, and are owed something. Nature of the EA games :(

Not like the old days we had to sign our life away to alpha, beta test.

Dr. J and OmniOOveride like this.
  6. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    @Sneakydude - not sure about "signing my life away" bit, I've put a little work in to this project!
    Not as much as our dedicated team of dev.s and the forum mods have done, and nowhere near as much most everyone else who contributes to these forums :)
    But I understand your comments ... to slightly paraphrase the late, great, Terry Pratchett "We may not all always agree on the direction of the journey, but we all agree it's an important one, and we shouldn't drill a hole in the bottom of the boat".

strategos2411 likes this.
  7. Boris the Butcher

Dec 12, 2015
    Don't need a tag

8. Boris the Butcher

Dec 12, 2015
    I agree, I've waited over a year. Owned the game for 4 months I'm not just someone popping in and popping off.and I don't in any way want this to be construed as negativity. I just think now is a really good time to release a game with nothing else out.

Dr. J likes this.
  9. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Only one year? Back of the queue for you then!
    That's a joke, of course. We'll all get the game at the same time on release.

10. Boris the Butcher

Dec 12, 2015
    I hear you man, maybe it's been longer I don't really know trust me I respect the no rushing and the fact that these guys have worked extremely hard to get to this point but hey I'm a new yorker were always in a hurry

Dr. J likes this.