• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

Medical Plants for healing purposes

Would you like to see more healing items such medical plants added into the game

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Thread starter #1

Joram_The_Rebel

Backer
I would like to have your opinion about being able to heal yourself during the game by simply using some medical plants that grows in the area, i don't actually remember where this island is located but i would suggest some plants that grows in many different geographical areas.

You could even use this plants in addiction to other items to make a receipt for example a tea (Clean water + medical plants = cup of tea that restore your energy)

There are tons of medical plants around the world, in any area of the world you always find medical plants even in the desert so with some research i think you should be able to find the right plants for Survive The Nights...

To make it simple for the devs i think we don't need to many different plants just some of the that suit the best your location, as i have already mention i kind don't remember where this fiction island is located (i know blame on me) but well i suggest some plants that could easily grow everywhere in the world.

1st. Calendula flowers
It grows in almost any type of soil condition. It has no problem with nutritionally poor, very acidic or very alkaline soils, just as long as it’s moist. Well known as a remedy for skin problems, the deep-orange flowered pot marigold variety is applied externally to :
  • bites
  • stings
  • sprains
  • wounds
  • sore eyes
  • varicose veins
  • Internally it is used to treat fevers and chronic infections.
  • The tea of the petals tones up circulation and, taken regularly, eases varicose veins.
  • Applying the crushed stems of the pot marigold to corns and warts will soon have them easily removable.
2nd. Thyme
It is mostly known for its strong antiseptic nature. It is wonderful when it comes to the treatment of:
  • Congestion
  • Stomach gas
  • Coughs
3rd. Echinacea flowers

One of the world’s most important medicinal herbs, the echinacea has the capacity to raise the body’s resistance to bacterial and viral infections by stimulating the immune system. It also has antibiotic properties that helps relieve allergies. Basically, the roots are beneficial in the treatment of sores, wounds and burns.

It was once used by the Native Americans as an application for insect bites, stings and snakebites. The echinacea grows on any well drained soil, as long as it gets sunlight.

Let me know how it sounds for you this implementation into this game, as from a design perspective is kind easy to add some sort of plants in to the game that you can gather around the island to restore your heal. You can also craft some receipt with them and for me it would add more immersion in the game and more ways to treat with healing.

Hauger

Community Mod
Backer
I'm all for this as long as the plants fit with the setting of the game. (Climate, geography etc)