• Hello Guest,

Welcome to the Survive the Nights community forums. Please feel free to share your ideas with the team and discuss current game features. Please do not report bugs here, use our bug tracker for that.

The team at a2z(Interactive);

[MEGA THREAD] Co-operative Actions. (Dragging, Carrying and Assisting)

Kirk

Soon to be Survivor
Backer
What if you trap yourself in a house and cant move the furniture D: Death by poor planning.

MrMoose

Real talk
Backer
I think he means being able to perform actions in conjunction w/ another player. For example giving them a boost up into a window, or over an exceptionally tall structure, etc

BOOMstyx

Backer
I see a lot of potential in this one. Would force players to come together to get to some places. So that would be another great idea to combat KOS
could be a good way to take out a horde too. boost one guy up into a tree and have him make a bunch of noise to get them looking up in the air. then have the other guy take them out before they know what hit them. All depends on how the zombies aggro though.

Zacalog

Let's say that there's a hoard of zombies coming in your direction, you and your friend are cornered, but what's that? A ledge! But neither one of you can reach it alone. So what do you do? Teamwork at its finest. I've seen this in a few other games before (Not exactly zombie games, but ya'know). Just saying that I would really enjoy things like this, that requires teamwork to overcome things such as that scenario. :D

i like it and agree . but take it farther than that .
lifting & moving large objects , pulling a friend up that ledge with a rope , pushing & steering a stalled car , fricken be able to drag a friendly out of harms way , or drag a knee capped zombie over to a wounded player ... not that i would do that ... very often . what movie does not have two or more people bracing a door with a horde of zombies trying to get thru , wears one player would jsut be pushed to the side .

you are correct in that there are countless obstacles in life that require teamwork

Lord Goose

One does not simply hunt.
Backer
I love this idea, I think you can do this in Splinter Cell can you not? But yes. This is brilliant to encourage teamwork to get a advantage over the zombies / solo players.

Tally Ho!

Fatigue

And so begins my watch.
Backer
Any idea that involves teamwork is a good one. We need this game to focus mainly on survival, so even if you did come across a player that you wanted to rough up abit, surely if a horde of zombies were coming, you could cast that aside and work together to survive.

Good idea man

Baby Blender

big man
Backer
Hosting someone is actually a well-thought out and useful mechanic, but anything having to do with movement can be challenging for the developers.

They have to deal with creating the general animations, clipping of clothing/accessories through building walls, bug fixing, the list goes on.

Not to bash, as the idea is spender, but I am rooting in the developers best interest on this topic.

Regards, Blender

Hosting someone is actually a well-thought out and useful mechanic, but anything having to do with movement can be challenging for the developers.

They have to deal with creating the general animations, clipping of clothing/accessories through building walls, bug fixing, the list goes on.

Not to bash, as the idea is spender, but I am rooting in the developers best interest on this topic.

Regards, Blender
thats what i have always wondered .
i see what your saying in regards to hoisting , its basicly snapping in place to an animation . same principle can be applied to bracing a door the player is stationary for the most part , fixed in a pre designed animation .
can the same be said for two players carrying a couch / dragging a large crate / pushing a large cabinet / hoisting a large item up the side of a building ? ? ?
basicly snapping to the object being moved ? & if so dollies & hand trucks would be a valuable item to someone that has no one else to rely on , as anyone that knows moving a 750 pound safe upstairs is a minimum 3 man job . and a 2 man job just to wheel it around safely .
( for game mechanics 2 to push safe by hand / 1 with a dolly / 2 + dolly to move it up a flight of stairs .

sorry not trying to hijack his thread but this is one of those things that has always bugged me about most games
" the lack of physical interaction with other players & the environment "

Cooper Stewart

Lettuce
Backer
I think it would be cool if one of your friends broke his leg or was unconscious or something like that and was unable to move, that there should be a way for you to either drag him or fireman's carry him to safety. It would slow you down so you would have to decide if you wanted to risk saving him from the oncoming zombies but being at a higher risk, or leaving him to die but having a higher chance of survival yourself.

What do you guys think?

Freeman

Husband, father, survivalist.
Backer
It's a great idea used in a few games to date (Arma 3 is one that I'm aware of)