1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[MEGA THREAD] Co-operative Actions. (Dragging, Carrying and Assisting)

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by NovaSniper, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Num47

Num47 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Backer

Feb 24, 2015
    *Dusts of the thread*
    I know this is an old one but a good idea never is... I am always up for some co-op interactions to maneuver under, over or around obstacle's.

Definitely +1 this idea.

Davz Not Here likes this.
  2. Dr. J

Dr. J Survivor Backer

Aug 14, 2014
    Oh drat, I've just got my duster out again.
    That's the problem with tease forums, we're too active as a community :)
    I need to give a 'hat tip' to @Skeele here. Well, it's a new game, Trolls - yep, we'll have them

3. lovebus

lovebus Active Member Backer

Jul 9, 2017
    I think the easiest way to do it would to have certain actions require multiple people to "attach" to the item and then only one person controls movement. Somebody suggested pushing a car and i'll use that as an illustration. Pushing a car could require two people to move. Unless two people have attached themselves to the car pressing E (or whatever) and placing their hands on the back bumper, then player 1 cannot use WASD to move it. If Players = 2 then enable Push. It seems like most of the sync issues and client fighting could be eliminated by just dedicating all agency to a single player.

4. Darkstar 影

Darkstar 影 Lone Survivor Backer

Jun 4, 2017
    Definitely want some co-op actions like pushing vehicles, high wall stepping, dragging and medicating(Or poisoning, for the baddies) other players in the future. I want to grab bandits and inject them with poison, only giving them an antidote if they do something good for a new-spawn within half an hour xD

Stay Alive likes this.
  5. Little Heart

Little Heart Member

Aug 12, 2017
    also lifting.

6. Stay Alive

Stay Alive Idea extraordinaire Backer

Jul 9, 2017
    I definitely think that you should be able to go unconscious if you get injured too badly, and your friend can drag you to safety and patch you up. Further down the line, we could even have a medical system where you have to have certain items to be able to patch your buddy up correctly, and make sure to clean the wound and stuff. And I think you should be able to knock people out and tie them up, like you can in Dayz and stuff. But your mental health goes down just a little bit each time.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Darkstar 影 likes this.
  7. Darkstar 影

Darkstar 影 Lone Survivor Backer

Jun 4, 2017
    Yeah, and in Arma 3 I think there's a mod or something, but when a teammate gets incapacitated, you can either begin healing them where they are, you can grab and drag them across the ground with one hand, allowing you to use your other hand to shoot or whatever(But ofc you're moving super slow) or if you go through a 10-second long animation of picking up the incapacitated person, you can run around with them in a fireman's carry(You run as fast as you ordinarily could, but stamina goes down quicker and you can't fight while you hold them. I think this would be a neat system :)

8. Stay Alive

Stay Alive Idea extraordinaire Backer

Jul 9, 2017
    That totally would. And while you're knocked out you can hear people moving and talking and stuff. And it would be interesting to be like shot and knocked out, and you drag your buddy to safety and patch them up. But I think there should be a buffer of some sort- like after you get shot in the gut and your buddy saves you, you run like 5% slower or something.

Darkstar 影 likes this.